Does Chi help Theatrics?

If they don't have surprise ending, does Chi help Theatrics get more and better criticals?

Stable: JvM \^,^/
    .loord uoy ,elur I

At least in my experience, theatrics do just fine with little chi. They might not get as many crits, but their bleed bonus makes up for that. Even surprise ending works fine with little chi if you know how to manage your glads well...
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Problems getting Chi?!?...
    I have heaps of problems to AVOID Chi on my Wars and Theas; If it were up to this game, these would be sluggish, weak and sickly lotus-eaters with the way it spams Chi on me.
    It's really hard to prevent Chi to become the prime stat on them.
    Almost every blithering piece of gear I find (either in the Gauntlet or at the Blacksmith's) is infected with the vile stuff!
    The Hohouse (where I spend my money...) and The Carnival (Where I keep my limp-wristed assclowns.)

@Adoebe thx for info @ Mega Better make a berserk then :-D BUt my question is really, does having high chi help passive attacks?

Stable: JvM \^,^/
    .loord uoy ,elur I

BUt my question is really, does having high chi help passive attacks?
    If the passive skill has chi listed as one of its core attributes, then yes chi will help. As an aside, I can't think of anything negative to having a high chi except other attributes being lower than you might want.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    As an aside, I can't think of anything negative to having a high chi except other attributes being lower than you might want.
    Correct.
    And that's exactly my beef with it: The high Chi itself doesn't hurt my Theatric; It sure as hell doesn't help either, yet it "consumes" space , better used for other stat-points.(Hard time getting some extra Stam and Pres on Marly Diettrich...)
    The Hohouse (where I spend my money...) and The Carnival (Where I keep my limp-wristed assclowns.)

Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    Better make a berserk then :-D
    Ah! But then you underestimate the level of mischief, they've coded into this issue: My Rage is starving for Chi, but gets spammed with Int and Pres...
    The same with my Slayer and Shadow...

Hi JJ,
    The main problem for every Theatric is a War. Not a tank. But exactly War.
    To be successful vs these Wars Your's Theatrics just needs relatively high Chi. Just to drop a War down, and then finish him.
    There's no methods to drop down a War except Chi. (Or Signature Movies, but, You know, SM too random... )

So. Something about Agi/Chi = 3/2 .

// Although i [totally] do not like what You trying to build. But Your question is Your question. Have an answer ;)

Chi is about as cheap as Presence, you don't lose that much if you pick an item with high Chi bonus unlike, say, something giving extra Intellect or Size. It's quite easy to have a lvl 55 Theatrics in legendary gear with 110-120 Chi without sacrificing many points on your main attributes and I'd say that's quite enough. Arkal used to have 186 Chi at one point and 3/4 of his criticals were potential injuries (around half of them actually became injuries) but apart from being expensive to fight against, that didn't improve his performance that much. Nevertheless Chi should not be ignored as many gladiators in the high brackets are damage-resistant and need to be either injured, dropped or disarmed to be beaten.