Free Citizen

Where to spend BGP?

Hey there,
    So my glad Brutus L is in his third Blood Gods season. Currently he has:

Season Rating: 1517
    BGP: 5443/25000

In the past seasons I was able to accumulate some BGP and then I spend them buying new gear. However, now my gear is all at least Fabled Epic. Now I must buy the Legendary items because those are the ones I need. My problem is that I don't usually make enough BGP to buy a single piece, and when the season ends, all BGP are halved. I can easily fulfil the ranking requirement, but I never have enough BGP, not even to buy a leg piece.
    In this case, how do you guys spend your BGP? Do you just let them go to waste?

I know I have to play better and try to win more battles, this way I could afford Legendary items, however I struggle against some of the full Legendary guys and can never reach top positions.

Hey.

I think, the most valuable "sub-stat" for 2H Rage is the damage.
    Really, Your guy trying to hit first and he trying hit hard (as an ideal -- one hit for whole health pool of an opponent).
    Your guy trying to maximize the damage. But not something else. Let's help him.

If You agree this idea, next step:
    What gear type provides the best damage bonus?
    Obviously, it's the weapon.

Proceed next, if You agree...
    The best method to buy BG-weapon is the method to buy it for BGP+Trophies.

// Also, there is some sort of ... feature around calculation BGP while You already bought something during season (Nate forbids me to say the word "bug", so i've say what i say).
    // This "feature" allows accumulate BGP faster. But still not enough fast to buy 2H weapon for few seasons.

To get legendary gear, you just have to save up BGP - sometimes over two or three seasons just to get one piece. Start with the cheaper pieces (head, arms) and then your glad will get better as gear improves. Getting gear is still the slowest and most frustrating part of the game - you can save up all the BGP and then the piece you're looking for never shows up in the Blacksmith and you have to wait another whole season to try to find it again.

Some tips to get better chances to find the gear pieces you want:

1) Have a full stable of 4-5 glads in blood gods - even ones who you don't plan to keep long-term. This gives you 4-5 chances to refresh the blacksmith on gear-up day at the end of the seasons. Your crappy glads can still help your stable until everyone else is fully geared up in legendary. Then you can retire or sell the crappy guys.

2) Even if you have enough BGP to get a piece you want at the end of a season, if you don't see it in the blacksmith, don't spend trophies refreshing blacksmith - many a thousand trophies have been wasted in this futile effort. Instead, save the BGP - even though you lose half, you should be able to afford that piece you wanted earlier in the next season. If you have enough BGP by week 3, then you can refresh blacksmith everyday looking for that piece. If you have enough by week 2, then you're almost assured to find the piece you want because you have so many refresh opportunities over the final 2 weeks of the season.

3) Plan which pieces you are looking for for each glad. You can do this by using your blacksmith refreshes every day in the early weeks of the season just to peruse the blacksmith's wares and figure out which gear pieces you will target when you have enough BGP.

4) I agree with weaw that some legendary pieces might be best purchased with trophies+BGP. lvl 55 weapons and lvl 55 torso armor cost too many BGP to be able to save for over many seasons unless you're winning extra BGP for leading a statistical category like "Top Human". Leading a statistical category at the end of a season gets you 1,500 extra BGP. 2nd place is like 750 BGP and 3rd place is something smaller. Typically for weapons, I wait til the last week to begin searching for them so my guy has a decent rating and the gear trophy cost penalty is reduced. Often, I buy legendary weapons using trophies + BGP.

Here is a chart of the BGP costs for gear:
    Lvl 55 - H – 11600; A – 12900; L – 14500; T – 18200; 1H – 19100; 2H – 21300
    Lvl 54 – H – 10700; A – 11900; L – 13200; T – 16500; 1H – 17200; 2H - ?
    Lvl 53 – H – 9800; A – 10800; L – 12000; T – 14700; 1H – ?; 2H - ?
    Lvl 52 – H – 9000; A – 9700; L – 10700; T – 13000; 1H – ?; 2H - ?
    Lvl 51 – H - 8100; A – 8700; L – 9,400; T – 11300; 1H – ?; 2H - ?
    Lvl 50 – H – 7200; A – 7600; L – 8100; T – 9600; 1H – ?; 2H - 10200

Oh, last thing - lvl 55 armor isn't always the best. Depends on what you're trying to accomplish with your build. Sometimes armor pieces from lvl 54, 53 or 52 are a better fit for your gear design. Just sayin.
    Last edited by Adoede; 09-10-2016 at 02:51 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    Oh, last thing - lvl 55 armor isn't always the best. Depends on what you're trying to accomplish with your build. Sometimes armor pieces from lvl 54, 53 or 52 are a better fit for your gear design. Just sayin.
    Yes. Because we have not a "random pieces" of the Armour. Just listed.
    // Why are all the BG-counter-attackers have the same ax? It's because "Block" on it? Not, for sure. There is no other axe with STR+STA on it...
    Last edited by weaw; 09-10-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Free Citizen
    Thanks for the replies. I was worried that I might be wasting BGP by not spending them until next season.