Fresh Meat

Levelling Int to attempt to Bypass the pain of bad rolls

Hey all,

Can anyone enlighten, I've definitely seen marginal increases by targeting Int.

There seems to be a very big diminishing returns on training, or force training to level 10 weapon. At what point is it a waste? For me it seems level 7.

I've a lvl 77 int glad and to train above level 7 in weapon I'm looking at a 36% chance.

I would think based specifically on chance, levelling the other useful skills to similar level, (in my case 7. 6 to 7 probably had 10 fails at 77 int, so 10 wasted training points.) would be wise first.

I guess the point of the post is, is there an INT value already in place that people have found/tested to have the least diminishing returns without completely screwing up the other stats. Luck aside of course.

Tough I suppose to gauge but I'll try to update as I will focus on INT for a time.

I don't think there is a set value, although higher int is also useful to activate your skills. However, even though it's harder to train skills to 10.10, it gives an exponential increase in their effect. I tried an experiment where i levelled many skills to 7.10, and then one where I did only 3 skills to 10.10, and that one had better success overall.

Stable: JvM \^,^/
    .loord uoy ,elur I

Training the higher levels of any skills has low chances for success even if your gladiator has 200 Intellect. There will be some improvement overall but it will be something like 15% for training one point from 9 to 10 instead of 10-11% with a significantly dumber gladiator.

In general, Intellect helps your gladiator perform better and is integrated in the efficiency calculation of many skills but you should not stack it like, say, Strength, Agility of Stamina because you'll end up with a slow, fragile and weak smartass. I'd say 100-110 Intellect on a lvl 55 fighter in Blood Gods is enough for almost all builds.

And then Kreegan hasn't even mentioned how Int on gear is handled:
    Apparently it's considered the most valuable attribute by point, for whenever I look for items with Int on it they lack other attributes sorely. To the point of where your overall attr.pointcount takes a nosedive when you raise Int this way.
    So; better pick a SMART slave when you start a new glad and you'll end up with higher other stats in the end.
    Int on items is just way too expensive.
    The Hohouse (where I spend my money...) and The Carnival (Where I keep my limp-wristed assclowns.)

Quote Originally Posted by Megamieuwsel View Post
    Apparently it's considered the most valuable attribute by point, for whenever I look for items with Int on it they lack other attributes sorely.
    Yes. Using gear for experiments it simple to understand:
    Sta, Int -- are high valuable stats from the point of view of the game.
    Str, Agi -- average value
    Chi, Pre -- low value

Size value is very high and about equal to the value of Luck.

For me, using these results and excluding Size question, good slave must have high Int & Sta (~90 as an ideal). And high weapon/skills main stat (Str/Agi). 70+ is enough for others.
    Last edited by weaw; 09-07-2016 at 05:12 AM.