Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Squid-bug (Gauntlet; Normal)

Just noticed this yesterday; On my account "The Carnival" My glads, when running the gauntlet on "Normal" don't receive the right amount of squids;
    When running with "random" allies the squid-reward turns out to be 1-2-1-2-1 , where it should be 1-4-1-4-1.
    I checked it with my Hohouse-account to see if it was a system-wide change or if some Stable-upgrade was of influence, but couldn't find anything to that end.
    Looks like I missed quite a bunch of squids...

Edit: It's not carrying over to "Hard", fortunately.
    Last edited by Megamieuwsel; 08-20-2016 at 02:53 AM.

Hi Megamieuwsel,

If your ally has logged in within the past 24 hours squids are doubled. It's likely the ally you choose had not.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

That's not of any relevance; I'm talking the numbers of CURRENT random allies.
    Not the ones from my friends-list.
    I should recieve 1-4-1-4-1 , but I'm getting 1-2-1-2-1
    (Active friends would get me 3-8-3-8-3 , inactive friends would get me 1-4-1-4-1, just like with random allies)
    Last edited by Megamieuwsel; 08-20-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Update: More testing shows: INACTIVE friends reward as should be.
    It's only when running with RANDOM the rewards are off the line.
    And only on my "The Carnival" account. On "The Hohouse"everything's ok.

Hi Megamieuwsel, thanks for the message.

A random ally who has not logged in within the past 24 hours has a multiplier of 0.25x and yields 1-2-1-2-1 on normal difficulty.
    If the random ally has logged in within the past 24 hours the multiplier is doubled to 0.5x and the yield is 1-4-1-4-1 on normal difficulty.

Perhaps I'm not following the issue you're reporting as it looks correct to me. In the drop down list you can see the squid multiplier for an ally. If you still believe this to be an error, please take a screenshot of the ally's multiplier and then a screenshot of the number of squids won so we can verify the numbers are incorrect.

If you click on the question mark icon next to the Black Market title you'll see some help text that explains how the squid multiplier work if you haven't already done so.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Sorry, guys.
    Perhaps, the issue about of "memory of the friend fights" while Gauntlet going?

The series of experiments right now. The rules: Start The Gauntlet at Normal. First pick: random, second pick: friend, third pick: random. Data format of the results: "Gauntlet round. My gladiator & ally: reward (in squids) // [comments]".

1. Eirikr Raudi & Barkuul (random): 1
    2. Eirikr Raudi & Bowelopener (friend): 4
    3. Eirikr Raudi & Nolavar (random): 1
    // It's Ok. As i can see. So ... Restart.

1. Eirikr Raudi & Mr Bloodrain (random) : 1
    2. Eirikr Raudi & Arkal (friend) : 8 // ! You are know, Arkal so cool, but it's not the main part, look at the next:
    3. Eirikr Raudi & Thormax (random) : 3 // ! And here is the second problem, as i can suggest.
    // Restarted.

// Kreegan. Sorry me. For sure, i have no thoughts to say something stupid like "Kreegan the cheater!". Just a real results as is. This problem has a chance to happen at every in-game friend.

Sorry, i have no time to do a screens at every step, but some of the results are here:
    Last edited by weaw; 08-20-2016 at 06:57 PM.

Second one
    21rnd.jpg22.png23rnd.jpg

// Sorry for multi-posting. It's a restriction for 5 pictures per post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Hi Megamieuwsel, thanks for the message.

A random ally who has not logged in within the past 24 hours has a multiplier of 0.25x and yields 1-2-1-2-1 on normal difficulty.
    Well fuck me sideways!
    I never realised one could be assigned INACTIVE random allies.
    Always assumed the random ones at least were pulled from the active pool and replaced when going inactive.
    How's that for being screwed up beyond repair?!?!

UPD about "memory" effect.

Start without an ally (You'll get zero squids reward). Go further with an ally. There's a chance (perhaps, its probability is 1 -- i can't remember details) that You'll get zero squids again.
    In the opposite direction, too: Start with a friend, get full (x2) bonus. Continue without an ally. There will be a chance to get doubled squids.
    // This experimental data, although six months ago.

Perhaps "The Carnival" stable had some coefficient stored for a "long time"?

I never realised one could be assigned INACTIVE random allies.
    Always assumed the random ones at least were pulled from the active pool and replaced when going inactive.
    Just for some justice.
    The possible situation: "Not enough active allies". The system is forced to add some inactive. As a player, i do not see a bracket where it may be possible.
    But Nate has more information.
    Last edited by weaw; 08-21-2016 at 01:39 AM.