Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Signature Move

Signature Move

With Signature Move you can disarm an opponent, Blind your opponent and Sweep him and stun him.
    Disarming is a fight changer
    Sweeping , knocks them down leaving them prone
    Stunning can be a biggie if early in the round or for multiple rounds...but
    Blinding seems to have nearly no effect or at the most a very minimal effect to the opponent .
    I'm gonna do a little crying here...being that it is a Theatrics 3rd level offensive skill....Blind really needs to be matched up in effectiveness with Disarm, Stun and Sweep.

If you blind the fighter he should be pretty much unable to see your attack coming at him as well as being pretty shaky on defense...and IMO it should reduce his attacks too since he would be a bit out of sorts by not being able to see with sand in his eyes.

That's my rant for tonight.

Didn't you see the episode in Spartacus: Gods of the Arena where Ganiccus fights the guy in the street with a blindfold on? He used his keen hearing to know where his opponent was and where attacks were coming from! Now stop crying and tend to your gladiators!

Oh, and I see a reduction in attacks when my gladiators get blinded.

speaking of signature move my theatrics gladiator is only level 5 in it and all i have ever and i mean like 80+ fights ever seen her do is sweep usually once a fight sweeping. usually thats pretty cool and all but i'd like the rare disarm or the rarer still stun or even the most rare blind. I've never blinded anyone nor stunned with that move nor disarmed....i think its brokend :*(

signature move is my personal favorite among the theatrics skills. combined with the right stratt and other skills its a fight winner. i think sweep, stun and disarm is equally good, blind is more marginal.

im going to try and put mor points into and see if i can get another move to work

Training Dummy
    ok its just a silly tavernbrawl but I didn't have a arenareport on this (and im shortening it down to the important parts). Before you have to know that a hard hit from Gaius in this fight was about 40-50ish in dmg as best. So;

GAIUS looks to sweep THE BANDIT with one of his signature moves! (-Signature Move: Sweep-)

THE BANDIT cries aloud as his body is sent crashing to the ground by the attack!

GAIUS stumbles as he stabs his DRACONIC TRIDENT at THE BANDIT.
    GAIUS barely misses.

>> GAIUS SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 5 (my sweep strategy - Gaius obviously did'nt realize he swoped the bandit to the ground in time :P)

R O U N D 5

THE BANDIT can't find an opening to stand!
    (removed - bandit tries to hit from the ground but cant)

GAIUS anxiously contrives his next action.
    GAIUS charges forward with his DRACONIC TRIDENT.
    GAIUS's DRACONIC TRIDENT connects with THE BANDIT's shoulder blade inflicting freakish wounds! (+132 Damage)

And there is how do deal with a sweep - is'nt it lovely
    Last edited by Deus; 05-10-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Since we are on the topic of signature move, it is established that your theatrics warrior will only ever use one of the 4 modes, correct?

Which is a shame, because mine has blind :P

Training Dummy
    My second glad Lepidus seem to blind people now and then so I’m going to start look into it one thing I did see now (as I went back and looked at his last fights) is that it only last for 1 turn and that’s a bit sucksy if you get in the blind at the end of the turn since it does nothing... that will say if you execute the sigmov at the last action in the turn the enemy seems to get blinded but at the start of next turn he’s free from it (and thus the sigmove does nothing).

The short duration also makes it harder to analyze since it’s hard to tell if an enemy hits more or less (or is hit more or less) from one single round.
    Last edited by Deus; 05-21-2011 at 08:36 AM.

The short duration also makes it harder to analyze since it’s hard to tell if an enemy hits more or less (or is hit more or less) from one single round.
    Your moves last a bit longer especially blind once you get about 8 points into the skill. 2 rounds is common. Same with Shock and Awe and Hamstring
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

Training Dummy
    Well then it will take a while to analyze it :P