Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blood Gods fighting format

So, the previous season served its purpose and the Tier 1 Legendary thing is won (congrats to Aboede). I would really prefer to go back to the previous format though as this one is way too random. The top gladiators lose only to certain other top gladiators and in very rare cases to some fighter otherwise residing in the middle of the bracket for most of the season - if they don't get matched up against builds that can beat them, it's an endless stream of boring wins against opponents who stand no chance. That's not really fun and essentially leaves the outcome of the season more to the algorithm arranging the fights than to some sort of strategy. I suggest we go back to what we had before.

Agree with this. My underdeveloped glad couldn't even get to 500 rating points and even with 14500 BGP he couldn't buy any gear last season.

I didn't expect to win, but since that's how the luck of the draw turned out, when will Seraph Zodak be seeing that Tier 1 Legendary item we've been hearing about for so long?
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Agree.

I have only middle-ranked gladiators. And it's not so fun for both scenarios: fight vs top-ranked and fight vs young.

For example, Eirikr started previous season with 4( or even 5) fights vs Eleventwentytwo in a row. On the one hand it's not bad. Eirikr need these fights to move his strategy vs Wars. On the other hand, this one too powerful for Eirikr and so can't give an experience.

Not to mention the fact that it's a strange situation in general: several fights in a row with the same opponent. I mean, it's a strange "random" behavior for a group of 90 gladiators. The probability of this something about zero. (1/90)^4 for first four fights i.e. ~1.5e-8. But i'm not sure it was 1-4 fights exactly. Perhaps, 2-5 or 3-7, so we need to correct this formula. But i see no sense to do it. It zero anyway.

The end of that season remarkable too.
    Eirikr removes his weapons sitting in the border of 40% (he still out of skills and i need training points for him). And then he was forced to fight against youngest and he still won a few times...
    His result "top 40%" is my fail, for sure. I had to change strategy, but not a weapon, i'm just was too lazy.
    But also i'm sure: a win with the fists is not so fun for both sides of the fight...
    // I mean here these fights where a gladiator can win with his fists.

And yes. Gratz Adoede.
    Last edited by weaw; 04-28-2016 at 08:59 AM.

looks like were back with the regular format, which I agree will be more exciting for most of us.
    Gratz to Zodak on the win, kills are important.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Thanks Oedi - those last few fights it could have been any one of the three top glads. Your wars are total beasts - I defeated nightmare conquests in 20 minutes using Eleventwentytwo and onezeronine alone...
    Adoede | Tevrosin

BGP question. Have a glad there now and he had around 11700BGP then season ended and new one started and he lost 1/2 his BGPs. Is that supposed to happen? He's now down to 5883 BGP from 11K+ and never have used them for anything since can't as didn't reach that 500 points thing either. So are BGPs supposed to just vanish?

Hey Black Peter! Long time no see.

After each blood gods season you lose half of any unused BGP at the start of the next season. It's not all bad though - it means you'll have enough BGP by week 3 to get something decent. That gives you a week of Blacksmith refreshes to find the piece you want. Even better if you have 5 glads in blood gods - 5 chances a day to refresh the blacksmith and find the piece you want. (Another reason I keep some mediocre glads around instead of retiring them)
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Well, I finally got that Tier 1 Legendary item for Seraph Zodak...a bit underwhelming lol

Ancient Legging of the Blood Gods Tier 1
    87 armor, Lvl 55
    +20 Sta
    +16 Chi
    +20 Luck
    +79 Block
    +90 Life Prot
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Heh.
    20 Luck x 8 = 160 Luck.

Leprechaun set.
    Last edited by weaw; 04-29-2016 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    Hey Black Peter! Long time no see.

After each blood gods season you lose half of any unused BGP at the start of the next season. It's not all bad though - it means you'll have enough BGP by week 3 to get something decent. That gives you a week of Blacksmith refreshes to find the piece you want. Even better if you have 5 glads in blood gods - 5 chances a day to refresh the blacksmith and find the piece you want. (Another reason I keep some mediocre glads around instead of retiring them)
    Ah, I see. No idea as it's all new to me. Thanks much and nice to be back again!

To tag on another BG question: Do folks retrain a lot? Having to dump the top skill down in order to redo lower tier skills? Just curious as not sure what to do or even why the gladiator got 200 SPs to start BG career. Do you all drop skills and retrain other things?
    Last edited by Black Peter; 04-29-2016 at 05:58 PM.