Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would like to talk about my glads with someone experienced

My stable is the Zaunites. I have had a total of 6 glads and my record is 465-676-16. I can't seem to get consistent fight stats from my glads, even if I tweak the fighting style based on the player guides.

Starter gladiator
    Glad #1 102-201-6
    Dunder Rage Male 2H Swords
    STR-75 INT-67 AG-73 STAM-55 SIZE-83 PRES-71 CHI-63

Glad #2
    Elaar Theatrics Female Trident+Shield
    STR-71 INT-65 AG-70 STAM-86 SIZE-66 PRES-71 CHI-71

Glad #3
    Elaar Theatrics Female dual exotic swords
    STR-63 INT-61 AG-87 STAM-52 SIZE-68 PRES-77 CHI-69

Glad #4
    Elaar Rage Female Dual Axes&Maces
    STR-73 INT-61 AG-70 STAM-77 SIZE-73 PRES-70 CHI-71

Glad #5
    Trug War Female Pole Arm
    STR-80 INT-71 AG-79 STAM-65 SIZE-72 PRES-69 CHI-60

I don't really know what to ask. I have read the guides that have been put on the forums and tried to wait out for a better slave, but these are honestly the best I have seen during my year or two in the game. (play kinda casually but looking to improve). Any comments, questions on specifics, or overall discussion is super welcome.

These glads will do fine to get to retirement. Not worth waiting for a good glad from the regular slave market - better to just get all your guys to 1000 fights and retirement so you can be picky with HOL prospects (HOL prospects stats are all about 10 points higher than regular market slaves). So to help you get your guys to retirement and still have fun learning along the way, here are some thoughts:

Glad 1 - Load up on gear that has Str and Sta and challenge the sorts of builds that 2H Rages are good at beating - like tanking wars.
    Glad 2 - Defensive Theatrics are quite tricky to master...but fun later in the game. Counterattack vs. speedsters and experiment in the Pit fights to see what works against slower opponents.
    Glad 3 - Load up on gear with Agi, Sta, and Pres. Then go speed and challenge defenseless and slow opponents - like Trug/Dunder Rages.
    Glad 4 - This one just needs to stay aggressive and should do well against most types...I'd probably challenge mediocre wars with this guy.
    Glad 5 - Depends on if you're going defensive, hybrid, or offensive. I'd go offensive, wear mostly medium armor to avoid encumbrance, and challenge medium paced glads.

I guess my main point is - focus your challenges to opponents you can beat and you'll be fine. Get them to retirement and swap them for HOL prospects. Along the way, learn what skills you like and which ones don't work for you so you don't make mistakes when building out your HOL prospects in the future.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

In my opinion, the first one, the third and the fifth are in need of extra stamina. Especially #1.
    I would suggest to concentrate mainly on it for them. The first one also needs to eat some Chi.

Can't quite understand Your definition "Elaar Theatrics Female dual exotic swords". She uses both weapon types?
    Last edited by weaw; 04-26-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks man. I think I need to understand the strategies so maybe I can theory craft myself. I really appreciate your help. I'm glad there are guys like you who help out the little guys.

Sorry about that, she is Elaar Theatrics Female and dual wields exotics. I do everything in my power to make the exotic weapons she uses have the sword appearance, like falchions or cutlasses. Mostly an aesthetic thing but i figured they had their own stats and hidden stats.

Quote Originally Posted by J0dinsson View Post
    I do everything in my power to make the exotic weapons she uses have the sword appearance, like falchions or cutlasses. Mostly an aesthetic thing but i figured they had their own stats and hidden stats.
    Falchion is a nice weapon. I like it too. But... falchion is a hard-to-use weapon.
    It seems You need to concentrate now on Your first target: move all of Your gladiators into retirement.
    It means "Use simple, but powerful things."
    For Theatric having 87 Agi the simplest way is the way of speed. And the simplest weapon choice for a way of speed is a light weapon.
    Last edited by weaw; 04-27-2016 at 06:42 PM.

As for maximizing my chances in fights, I see that there is a focus for what fighting styles you want to attack. Is there a way to know who is using the the more vulnerable style for me to attack?

So you're saying that I should just grab the weapons (when available) that have the stats I want to stack? Since I am just using exotics, any weapon should suffice.

No real way to tell...except maybe by their records? If their record is mediocre, they're probably mediocre glads
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by J0dinsson View Post
    So you're saying that I should just grab the weapons (when available) that have the stats I want to stack? Since I am just using exotics, any weapon should suffice.
    No.
    I can not speak for Adoede, but i can speak for myself:

1. You need understand the roles of Your gladiators. The "role" means behavior. Aggressive, defensive or, perhaps, both.
    While the roles of Your Rages are obvious (a Rage has no choice except attack, though sometimes it may be "attack from the dodge"), but Your Theatrics/War have the choices of their roles.
    2.When this choice done, You need to choose a way to implement it. It means weapon+skills.
    For example, Theatrics are so flexible and can use some aggressive behavior using Falchion.
    But i told You: It's hard. And You have another goal for now. It's the goal not for "aesthetic", but just for retirement. If You do these retirements, You'll get enough resources for aesthetic, fun and more... Again: The simplest way for Agi-like Theatrics is the way of speed, which (almost) means light (by weapon weight) and fast (by weapon speed). Like Claw.
    3. When You done the choice of weapon/skills, You need to work on strategies. It will eat some time, lot of time, to be more correct.

And only then the answer to Your question: weapon/skills choice and related strategy are much more important than the stats. Even if You stack all the stat at 200 (it's impossible for now) You may get continuous losses, because of wrong strategy (or because of wrong weapon/skills for this strategy).

So:
    1. Role.
    2. Related weapon. Related skills.
    3. Related strategy.
    4. And only then: stacking related stats.

Again: Weapons and Armour
    Last edited by weaw; 05-08-2016 at 10:55 PM.