Free Citizen

Weird combat results

Hey there, So my glad Brutus L is on a string of losses, but some of this losses are kinda weird. Just take a look.

===== 1st Fight ====

BRUTUS L tries to hurt LE CONZ.
    BRUTUS L
    LE CONZ
    339/1480
    339/1480
    58/1127
    58/1127
    74/99
    74/99
    51/78
    51/78
    Bleeding
    Attack Power
    Adrenaline Rush
    35%

BRUTUS L throws himself furiously onto his opponent! (-Adrenaline Rush-)
    Wild upward slash removes LE CONZ's face from her skull! (+317 Damage)
    LE CONZ yells in anger as the Enforcer saves BRUTUS L's life!

===============

So basically I left this guy at 58/1127 HP while I was a 339/1480 with 23 bleeding. How did he get the win?

This kind of situation is happening alot to me. I leave the guy with low health while I still have like 300/400 hp and then I loose. Does anybody know how can I prevent this? I suppose I could deal more damage and play better, but I don't understand why I get this sure wins "stolen" from me.

It's more likely Presence influence.
    Also, War tree contains Grim Determination skill. You may examine its text.
    Last edited by weaw; 04-26-2016 at 10:39 PM.

When a gladiator's health drops below 25%, he/she can surrender or be saved at any moment - basically below this threshold your fighter is always in danger of losing. When both fighters are below 25%, both can draw the short stick. Grim Determination from the War tree greatly increases the chances that your gladiator won't be the one who will surrender. There are other factors which make one fighter more likely to give up or be saved - like Presence and stuff that only Nate knows for sure. Best way to win is to make sure that the opponent is drained before your guy.

Free Citizen
    Sure, but this glad is a rage and I doubt he has grim determination. Besides I have more presence than he does (I have 123 and he is high, so below 100). This situation happens with all types of glads. Maybe I am just unlucky (low base ingame stat luck).

Once a glad is under 25% health, they make a "willpower" roll to see if they give up or not. There seem to be a lot of factors to this roll - including stamina, endurance, luck, presence, bleed rate, and whether they are "winning" the fight or not. I've had plenty of fights like yours where my guy is clearly winning, but with a terrible "willpower" roll he just gives up. Like Kreegan said - just have to figure out a way to beat opponents down even faster so the willpower roll doesn't become a factor.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

High presence also often gets your glad saved earlier (lower chance of being killed) and low presence closer to 0 (higher chance to get killed).
    Last edited by Ghkg; 04-27-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Free Citizen
    thanks for the replies