Free Citizen

Climbing the ranks in Primus

Hey there, so currently I am 22nd in primus and I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips to climb faster in primus. What I noticed so far is that it is not enough to win fights you start, but you should be wall protected and win most of fights you get challenged too. If you lose, you will drop a considerable amount of rating, making it harder to recover from the loss.

Honestly, unless you have a high end glad attempting to speed your way to the top of the Primus bracket will bring little other than lots of frustration and losses. Keep up a steady pace so your glad stays matched within his ability skill wise and gear wise. The top 25 of Primus is usually chock full of 60% or better win glads. Primus 26-75 is the take your lumps point of the game unless like I said you have a real deal high end glad that can push through without resistance. Top 50 is the point where most decide to retire and start anew. It is also the point where you are fighting the best glads outside of Blood Gods so tweaking strats and possibly making some skill changes may be in the cards.

It was a long road to Primus and it only gets harder, if it was easy it wouldn't be any fun.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

Free Citizen
    Well, I am currently climbing with my 5th glad, who is a HoL Rage, all purple gear, so I think I kinda qualify to high end. I have 62% win rate with almost 500 wins.

With the new higher threshold for entrance into blood gods, it has become harder to get a glad to be promoted. That results in some very solid glads bunched at the top of Primus who keep pushing each other back down below qualifying level. Thus, only the ones who are able to distinguish themselves from this mass are granted entrance into blood gods.

All you can really do is use your challenges effectively to rise in rank and try to adjust your strategies for opponents who might challenge you.

That said, one little trick if you just want a boost to slip into blood gods is to save up your arena tokens so you have the 8 maximum on the night before blood gods promotion. Then, right before the promotion time (2:00 am PST early Wednesday morning I think) you use all your tokens to challenge glads you can beat to boost your rating enough to slip into blood gods. I don't remember the cutoff exactly, but my vague memory thinks it is 350,000 rating points and 1000 fights. If you have less than 1000 fights, the rating requirement will be higher.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Free Citizen
    Hey Adoede. Well, than it is going to be tough, I am 23rd place (311k rating) with only 700 fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    That said, one little trick if you just want a boost to slip into blood gods is to save up your arena tokens so you have the 8 maximum on the night before blood gods promotion. Then, right before the promotion time (2:00 am PST early Wednesday morning I think) you use all your tokens to challenge glads you can beat to boost your rating enough to slip into blood gods. I don't remember the cutoff exactly, but my vague memory thinks it is 350,000 rating points and 1000 fights. If you have less than 1000 fights, the rating requirement will be higher.
    Thats a cool technique though, I might use it when I get the chance. Thanks

Sure, every well managed HOL-gladiator will touch BG anyway. Without any challenges, tricks and so on. Sometimes it may be even the gladiator which is "out of management" :)

You know, the Blood Gods bracket contains most "unfriendly" environment in the game.
    Also, it contains other rules of the game. Which allows only 2 (3 if in Blood Games) fights per day.

So, I have the question : For what You need to do it as soon as possible?

The last of my gladiators which was climbed into BG was Tas To. He is retired now -- it was just the test run for Shadows...
    He was sitting in the middle of Primus and he started to go up only when i pumped up Shadow Form for him. Faster and faster...

Please, use Your time in the Primus to "feel" the skills/strategies. Without such experience nothing to do in the BG.
    Last edited by weaw; 04-14-2016 at 06:50 AM.

Free Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by weaw View Post
    Sure, every well managed HOL-gladiator will touch BG anyway. Without any challenges, tricks and so on. Sometimes it may be even the gladiator which is "out of management"

You know, the Blood Gods bracket contains most "unfriendly" environment in the game.
    Also, it contains other rules of the game. Which allows only 2 (3 if in Blood Games) fights per day.

So, I have the question : For what You need to do it as soon as possible?

The last of my gladiators which was climbed into BG was Tas To. He is retired now -- it was just the test run for Shadows...
    He was sitting in the middle of Primus and he started to go up only when i pumped up Shadow Form for him. Faster and faster...

Please, use Your time in the Primus to "feel" the skills/strategies. Without such experience nothing to do in the BG.
    Will do, thanks for the input.

Do those 2 fights a day give alot more xp or does leveling slow down when you hit bg?
    Trying to figure out if it's worth forcing some losses as I think I'm close to promotion but only 51.

Quote Originally Posted by AJRobley View Post
    Do those 2 fights a day give alot more xp or does leveling slow down when you hit bg?
    Not sure about XP rate. I think, it's the same as for Primus. But You have Black Market -> Bazaar option for BG gladiator to get up to 300% XP per fight for trophies.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJRobley View Post
    Trying to figure out if it's worth forcing some losses...
    In my opinion, there's no sense to lose just because Your gladiator too young. But there is a sense to lose in order to try something different than Speed Theatrics build. The Primus bracket much better for testing builds/strategies due to the fights number (compared to the BG) and relatively experienced managers (compared to lower brackets).

// Yes, it's only my suspicion that You have a Speed Theatrics build. Sorry if mistaken.
    Last edited by weaw; 06-23-2016 at 05:34 PM.