Thread: Knockout stat

Knockout stat

Any thoughts on knockout as a stat column. Pit of War is not boxing and Kills is the stat column of the Blood Gods but a Knockout is pretty darn cool stat too if it could be implemented, especially that you can train for it.

Oh yeah...I'm back..again
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

wecome back, and i agree it would be pretty cool to see who gets the most KO`s
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Why only KO? Why not a stat for all three methods of victory: via KO, via Health, via Stamina?
    Average duration of the fights could be useful too.
    And, deeper:
    Crowds enjoy a variety of tactics. So, gladiators having good diversity of that stats must have some bonuses. BGPs, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by weaw View Post
    Why only KO? Why not a stat for all three methods of victory: via KO, via Health, via Stamina?
    Average duration of the fights could be useful too.
    And, deeper:
    Crowds enjoy a variety of tactics. So, gladiators having good diversity of that stats must have some bonuses. BGPs, for example.
    True, stats are always fun, but in my opinion there is no need to go all sabermetrics on stats. Knockouts is just a cool stat line to keep track of because it is a fight finisher. Kills is the ultimate gladiator
    outcome but putting your opponent asleep for a bit is bad ass and funny at the same time...as well as a bit lucky at times especially when its the first attack of the fight.
    No need for big bonuses but stepped achievements would be cool. We have achievements for everything so I don't see any reason why KO's can't get some as well.
    I just want to see a stat column..that's bonus enough for me.

I also would not want a cluttered up stat line looking like the back of a baseball card of wins, losses, kills, KO, health, stamina, and so on type of wins. Just the highlights and KO is a highlight in my world.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

I meant, if KO is Your world, it's possible, Stamina is the world for someone else...
    Thats why i see no reason to do exactly KO stats. But more stats for different parameters -- it's Ok. For me.

Welcome back Kaos - I like the KO stat idea too...just for fun. And a "submission" stat would be interesting too.

So a glads line could read: Wins | Losses | Kills | KO's | Submissions

And while we're at suggesting new achievements, can we make a new category beyond Blood Gods High Commander V? Some glads have already passed winning blood gods 5 times and others are not far behind.
    Last edited by Adoede; 04-11-2016 at 10:45 AM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Team Kaos View Post
    Any thoughts on knockout as a stat column. Pit of War is not boxing and Kills is the stat column of the Blood Gods but a Knockout is pretty darn cool stat too if it could be implemented, especially that you can train for it.

Oh yeah...I'm back..again
    Welcome back Kaos! Great to see you in the Pits again!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Good to see you again Kaos! I've had plans to have an entire stats page for gladiators "the back of the baseball card" as you call it for years. It has just been a very low priority. The game is due new achievements and I'll add a note to myself for this as well although I'm not sure adding an addition number to the record line is the way to go, it could be confusing, I'll have to think about it.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-