Some questions about "friends".

1- So far, the only result from the friends-list I've seen is a boost in squids; Are there other game-mechanics tied to the feature?

2- today I noticed my friend-glads from several stables no longer provide the 1x squid-boost, but the 0.5x like a random ally. How come?
    My guess is, it's due to inactivity on those stables' end, but I'd like to know for sure.

3- Is there a way to see unanswered friend-requests, standing out? I have the feeling I have 1 stable fewer on my friends-list than the amount of f-reqs I sent out.
    If there's one, still unanswered, I'd like to reclaim it, so I can send it to another stable.

Thanks in advance for answering.

you can use friends in conquests as well.

Those friends haven't been active in the past day.

Pretty sure friend requests are first come, first serve. If you sent a request out and it hasn't been answered you can send another to someone else. If the friend A then responds after friend B already did, friend A will get a message saying you no longer have any available friend slots.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

The main use of friends is in conquests - where having the right friends makes all the difference between fielding a team that can win a legendary prize for you and absolute futility. There are many threads on the proper composition of a team that can win conquests at the nightmare level that might be helpful to you. At the very least, you need 1 top tank to get past the two war bosses.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    The main use of friends is in conquests - where having the right friends makes all the difference between fielding a team that can win a legendary prize for you and absolute futility. There are many threads on the proper composition of a team that can win conquests at the nightmare level that might be helpful to you. At the very least, you need 1 top tank to get past the two war bosses.
    Pretty sure i've ran full rage and full theatrics teams through it on nightmare mode, though I can't deny that a good tank or two does help alot

I once took a team of Arghpirate, Ahhnold, Venom Demon, Flonne and Seraph Madigant - five elite 2H Rages. They destroyed everyone with ease...except the last boss. Most of them didn't have the stamina to be effective by the third fight. I've found Hit 'n Run Rages to be pretty effective too - and they can last long enough to be useful in the last boss fight. Been a long while since I've tried conquests though...don't like the random prizes.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Think my setup was Arghpirate, Flonne, Ahhnold, Mr. Champloo and Bruce Lee though I can't be sure anymore since that was ages ago

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    I've found Hit 'n Run Rages to be pretty effective too - and they can last long enough to be useful in the last boss fight.
    For now we have also Shadows option. They are able to do a good work with stamina... Although all of BG Shadows are experimental today, as i can see.
    About random prizes.
    For me, the Conquests are not enough random. It's not an "Adventure", but the grinding playground today.
    If Nate have be able to make them more interesting content (rather than prizes), it would be more popular.

This thread got me interested to try conquests again and...anybody else having this issue where every time I complete it I get a mere Blue item? I think it's been something like 20 in a row now.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

I think I get blue item like 90% of times I complete conquest but can't really say for sure.

I have no time for Conquest for some time (about few months), but i still running (from time to time) the Gauntlet for all of my gladiators which are 50+ at Nightmare lvl (Because it's easy now. Even for young gladiators).
    And it's just simple to see: Complexity was "lowered", the Prizes are more "cheap" now...

As i can remember, i wrote direct question about it to Nate. His answer, as i can remember (I'm sorry for spelling and incorrect quotes, i just trying to give the sense :) "I do not make changes to those parts of the game."

It means, in my opinion, it's indirect result of some other changes in the game.
    Last edited by weaw; 04-19-2016 at 10:28 PM.