Unlearn; Prevent N00B-mistakes...

Yep; Guilty as charged: I assumed that unlearning would at least regain me some training points.
    I know: NEVER assume....
    Still; It'd be a miniscule effort to add a line like "NO refund of training points!" to the unlearn-panel. That would've saved me from a slave being behind on its level AND a bunch of paid-for trophies.

As it is now, it looks like a cheap trick to swindle n00bs out of their cash and I don't think that's the intention....

if you scroll down a little on the skills page you'll see instructions on how to unlearn skills using training points.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Uhmmm... Yeah...
    But that's NOT addressing my point, which is:
    You pay (in whatever currency) to sacrifice somehing and get nothing in return, whereas in all the previous "Free"-To-Play games I played you (get at least a change to) get *something* of *some* value in return.
    This thing here is rather counter-intuitive and there's nothing telling so beforehand.
    PR-wise not a good thing...

Training Points almost worthless in the late stages of the game.
    It is almost impossible to get into problem when you can not find the Training Points...
    It will be more possible when Tavern fights will changed (Nate announced some change about it, if i not mistaken).
    But even after that change this situation looks like "You have gladiator in the Primus and he is not sold/retired. And You don't wish to use Arena Tokens for some reason". It's almost impossible. Because have no sense for Your stable...
    The second option is paradoxical at all: "You already have the top BG gladiator. And You wish to change his skills (For what? But sometimes it's OK. ). And You don't wish to move him into lower rating." Nonsense again.

// BTW, unlearning is not a sacrifice, In my opinion. It's a cleaning to make room for something more valuable.
    Last edited by weaw; 03-22-2016 at 05:20 AM.

I can see how some might view it that way. What is actually going on is for about a year or two after the game launched you couldn't unlearn skills at all. PoW was very much a hardcore gamer's game. We asked Nate for the ability to unlearn skills so we could change our builds around. When you unlearn with trophies or training points what you are getting in return is the ability to change your build which is huge; at least for us vets who remember the old days. There is a max of 100 skill points for a gladiator; I expect you'll be very happy to exchange trophies or training points for the ability to move skill points around down the road and then you'll really feel you are getting a lot of value in return.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Oh, I don't disagree with the mechanism at all; I certainly see how it's beneficial at higher levels.
    But for newbies (like me) with low-level glads, crunching to get those training-points, it doesn't work yet

All I'm suggesting is to inform the player there'll be nothing coming back from unlearning, save for some spending-room.

Yes, no one will object to add text that describes some aspect of the game with an actual hand.

But it seems we are trying to say: You attach too much importance to this part.
    Every newbie makes mistakes in his skills anyway. We can't save him. And exactly the feature of unlearning allow to correct these mistakes. Regardless of the price.

For example, i discovered recently the Signature Moves skill works for both of my Theatrics regardless of skill rank. Rank 10 and rank 2 in this skill at about the same thing.
    I don't know, perhaps it's a well-known thing. Perhaps, not. Perhaps it will work at low level. Perhaps, not.
    But if it will work at low level: It means Each Training Point invested in this skill above Rank 2 is a mistake.

And there's a lot of the features (or bugs? - I don't know) like this one.
    Last edited by weaw; 03-23-2016 at 04:46 AM.