Free Citizen

Persistent stalker

I have this one glad, a HoL Rage. I am top 5 in Maximus and I had a good score of 340-170. Then comes along this guy Dirty Gypsy from Aphexcrowd.He challenged me and beat me. The thing is that now he is farming my glad, meaning he only challenges me. I have tried to switch my fighting strategy, be he is a Theatrics and he always seems to beat me. I am 345-205 currently just because of this guy. Anybody knows a way to shake this leach off my ass?

You've basicly got 2 options.
    1: Keep altering strat/equipment untill you can actually beat him.
    2: Try to move on to primus as soon as possible in an attempt to avoid him.

If your glad is in the top 10 of his/her bracket that means they can get challenged for as much as another gladiator likes. If you can win consistently against a gladiator than the easy way to get wins is to keep challenging said gladiator.

It's a scummy way of doing things but I cant disapprove completely as I've done it a couple of times in the past myself

Another way would be if somebody that's in range of the glad that's challenging you feels nice and starts challenging it however that will probably not stop the challenges but instead merely teach him a lesson of how it feels to be on the receiving end.

Agree with Prinny - either you get to Primus or you push him into Primus or figure out how to beat him. If you have other glads in that same bracket, you can try to teach him a lesson with another glad...I'd offer to help, but I don't have anyone in that range anymore.

You could always try asking him to stop too via private message.

But a properly built rage at that level of the game should have no problem whuppin speed builds.

Personally, I don't pay much attention to those challenges cuz it gets my guys to 1000 fights faster so I can retire them or faster to blood gods where regular arena record is meaningless. Look at Seraph Zadok - a win percentage below 45% or something but solid in blood gods.
    Last edited by Adoede; 03-20-2016 at 01:54 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

PedroJorge,
    Dirty Gypsy is a Shadow guy, as i can remember. It's strange, but exactly Theatrics can't penetrate through Shadowdance/Hard to Hit.
    So, try to use Shadowdance If You have not focused on it already. In a form "Opponent is Theatric, Shadowdance, 7/7 " or something like that. Try to move these numbers for Gypsy.
    If You already focused on it, it's the question of the skills. But not only. Because You have full stable to give an adequate answer. Use a Defensive War to spam this "theatric aggressor". Use Your Rages (if You have them) to kill the Wars of that stable.

In general. This kind of War will work only for You. You will get the real experience to build strategy against _bad_guy_. He will get nothing, expect the rating. He will be killed, as result. You'll get the knowledges how to work in strategy. What is better?

Free Citizen
    weaw, ye he is a shadow, I wanted to say shadow, but i got confused and said theatrics. I don't have a lot of time now, so after I retired 4 glads, I pretty much stuck with my only glad, who is a Rage. He moved on to Primus, all those wins made him move pretty fast from 10th place to 1st place. I tried to switch strategies, but from what I remember, for example, War glads always have a though time against Rages, and this may be the case. That's why I couldn't beat him. My only strategy would be to try to defeat him so he could stop farming me, and for now I am safe since I haven't reach Primus. When I do reach Primus, maybe I can hide from him using the avoid feature. Thanks for the replies.

Free Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by weaw View Post
    So, try to use Shadowdance If You have not focused on it already. In a form "Opponent is Theatric, Shadowdance, 7/7 " or something like that.
    I have a Rage, sorry if I got you confused.

Hey, PedroJorge. What is Your goal with this Rage? You would like to see him into BG? Or ... what?
    Or Your global goal to avoid some "farming"?

...this guy Dirty Gypsy...
    Sorry me, because i confused, not You.
    Last edited by weaw; 03-20-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Free Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by weaw View Post
    Hey, PedroJorge. What is Your goal with this Rage? You would like to see him into BG? Or ... what?
    Or Your global goal to avoid some "farming"?

Sorry me, because i confused, not You.
    Maybe I didn't explain very well too. Anyway, my goal with this Rage is to get to BG. When I have more time, I will get more HoL glads (have more 3 slave to buy since I retired a total of 4 glads). I would like to get to BG and then stay there. Then I could be officially called pro

Quote Originally Posted by PedroJorge View Post
    Anyway, my goal with this Rage is to get to BG.
    Then these few of fights only minutes, compared to the fact that Your Rage will do.

So just let it do "the stalker" what he wants. And build Your strategy against anti-build, take this opportunity. This is the most important in the strategy of any gladiator, his work against anti-build. Not against "weakest". But against "strongest". Agreed?

Again: This "stalker" will get only rating. Temporarily. You will get the real experience. Forever. What is better? :)

// Look at the top of BG. How many initiative-oriented gladiators (like this stalker) You'll see?
    // Just one. Mad Queen. She is pretty fast. Like a hell. She is bloody. She is so old, as my Grand Father. And she has appropriate gear. And she is only one of that kind...
    Last edited by weaw; 03-21-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Free Citizen
    Experience all the way. Thanks for the advice. He challenged me today and I managed to take a huge chunk of his life. The fucker is fast. I am gonna try to increase my iniciative so I can get a swing and kill him. The guy only has like 900 hp, So 2 hits from me and he is almost gone. Thanks for the advice