Thread: PoW Down

PoW Down

Hey, I don't know if it's just temporary, but I've been unable to open the PoW website for the past 2-3 hours. Is it being updated? I've tried restarting my browser, quitting it, using another one, heck, I've even restarted my computer. There seems to be an issue with the game that I've never had before. I'll keep you updated.

Update: it's still not working. Is it just me by any chance? It's been 3-5 hours now, I'm getting worried : /

PoW is up at the moment. Although it was restarted, as i can see.

You may check connection to it by tracing (Commands are: traceroute pitofwar.com for Linux-like system, tracert pitofwar.com for Win system, idk how to do it for Mac).
    Then You may send result text to Nate if You can't reach PoW.

Gah, it just so happens that I own a mac. And it's still down over here... weird. Thanks for trying to help, I hope it works by tomorrow.

Alright, well, it's been a full 24 hours and it still won't load for me. I tried deleting history/cookies, I tried restarting multiple things. It just simply won't load. I tried Weaw's command in terminal, and it just shows ' * * * ' and won't load. Any tips on what I could do? Or must I abandon my addiction to this game?

(I've also tried running PoW on 2 different computers, a PC and a mac, same result, it won't load)

I'm having no issues here on the West Coast of the USA. But I don't have any good suggestions for you other than maybe try a different browser? I'm on a mac too using Chrome and I have no problems.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

You could try some different route to the PoW. Because '* * *' means some sort of problem.
    Different route available in simplest case via proxy, vpn and so on (or vice versa avoid/change proxy/vpn if You already use it).

However, it's not a standard problem for "modern net". If you do not have this problem in general. So, wait for Nate's contact.

It's so strange that there's suddenly this problem, it always worked before. It seems like I may have cause some problem between my Wi-Fi and the website/game which now causes it to 'loop-load' forever. I think I may just have to stop playing I'm afraid..

Hi Tycho,

It sounds like there might be a problem somewhere between your ISP and the PoW servers. To trouble shoot I would suggest trying to reach PoW from your phone and be sure you aren't using wifi so we can rule out a problem with your home internet connection or router. You can also try and reach PoW from a coffee shop or a friend's house. Let me know how it goes.

Good luck,

-Nate-