Fresh Meat

Attempt at DW Rage

Well, I am going to give the dual wielding, speed rage a shot. I think I am going to go pure rage build, but I have been tempted to make a rage/theatrics hybrid to get the extra bleed from Gratuitous Violence. Just can't decide yet. Here's his base stats: 82-89-87-82-74-81-84

He's got the best starting record of any slave I have run with a 103-2-5 at level 25.

Go pure Rage or Rage/Theatrics?

If You aim into BG, You'll get enough time to test both ways.

In my opinion, 10 attacks with Rapiers per round (a Rage able to do exactly 10 with this weapon type for now, if i not mistaken) may do just horrible bleeding, considering last [quiet] bleeding rate changes.
    I think, Total Carnage could be an equivalent for Called Shot+Gratuitous Violence now and generally. But. If You trying to do something about 10 attacks with "Devastating Power", Called Shot will be really useful.

And yes, in my opinion, there's no sense to pick something like Armour Movement or Adrenaline Rush. And it seems the 7th skill is Annihilate. I don't know about 8th (Crippling Mind vs Feint). But You'll get a time for experiments...
    Last edited by weaw; 02-12-2016 at 07:17 AM.

Well, it is always up to you. A standard Rage hits hard and with a speed build he hits a lot. If you go hybrid you have to decide how much you are going to hybridise.
    You can get Called Shot, it works well with sunder armour. Then get GW (8:2 skill ratio) . If you want to go further you can get Hamstring too, and will have to put points into Feint (6:4 skill ratio).

I realy like GW on my theatric. He can stack up heavy bleeding with exotics in a round or two.

But you will have planty of opportunity to change builds around.
    I have returned once more and it seems I'm here to stay.

Ogornomus - master of Iron Aegis

Active Gladiators: Shiroyama, Iron Daimyo, Rom Ironhide, Ludex Grunreer, Decapitare
    Retired: Sigwald, Haraxur Dervish, Davlan, Black Degron, Facles Secutor, Quickshank, Sindrel Myr, FacelessSecutor, Iron Enforcer, Blackiron Guard, Lionel Oldblood, Elaar Venguard, AceOfBlades, Crueligan, Cyrus Lupercal

Fresh Meat
    Thanks for the advice guys. I will figure out what to do. I am leaning towards full rage more than anything I think but I still have time to decide. Both of you have given me stuff to think on, so thanks for that.

About opportunities.

It looks like the only speciality which may do a stable good work against speed Rages is Theatric. They have 2 options here: Overwhelming Presence and Counter-Attack.

Yes. There's also Shadow and Slayers, which can win initiative too.
    But Shadows can't defend themselves from a high numbers of Rages attacks. They have also a little choice of offensive activates.
    While Slayers haven't defensive options at all. The only "defensive" skills for them are Disarm+Sweep. And most of speed Slayers just overloaded by offensive activates. As a result, they can't predict what skills they will use in the particular fight. :)

So, i think, the main issue of success with speed Rage is a right strategy against Theatrics exactly.
    Last edited by weaw; 02-12-2016 at 09:38 PM.