Thumbs up Team Win Is Closing It's Gates

At the completion of this month's season and the week's blood games, I will be closing down Team Win for good.

I've been intending to close shop for a very long time, and phasing out gladiators for a while, but I wanted to achieve the final goal for my stable. I can now proudly say that I have finally managed to get Ahhnold to tie with Sedris' kill record of 407.

For those of you who dont know who Sedris is, he was a project of CainDeSoulis, who was an OG pit master and my closest PoW friend. Caine loved experimenting with the skill tree and found a really cool way to get a kill rate of ~20% with the old fight engine and skill tree. He used it to completely smash the kill record of my glad first glad Kharn, who was the original kill leader. I never got to try the build that Caine came up with, but Sedris' record became a goal of mine, and I've finally reached it.

Speaking of OG pit masters, it's been great to have stiff competition from Crow, Oedi, CaineDeSoulis and Dainoji since the start of the game 4 years ago. There's been 'newer' managers like Cynide, Prinny and Adoede who have also provided great competition and dominance over the years. It's been great getting to know all of you, share information and strategies, and have friendships form. Thankyou to you guys, and everyone else for the great camaraderie and rivalries over the years.

An especially big thank you to Nate for making this game great. I've never played a game where the developer has been so involved, open and accessible to the community. I have so so many good memories of this game, and the surprisingly rich history of it and it's community.

Take care everyone. All the best in the pits
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 01-30-2016 at 07:53 PM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Hey Apoc - it's been great fun playing with and against you in the pits. Oedi is the master of the Wars and probably Kreegan of the Theatrics. But we all learned how to run Rages from Ahhnold. You've added a lot to this game and its culture over the years - always helpful and never disrespectful. I wish you the very best.

You can rest easy for at least the next 5 years cuz that's how long it would take for Seraph Madigant to catch up to Ahhnold & Sedris on top of the Kill list. And so long as I'm here, I'll keep the legend of Ahhnold's 592 base stat points alive for all the noobs to gawk at.

See ya around, mate.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Apo.

Although i'm not a fan nor a biggest hits, nor a kills achievements, but i wish to thank You for all these things You did around the game.
    Your texts here are useful and cheerful, Your gladiators are extremely hard to fight with. All Your work here positive and i'll remember You exactly as the positive player.
    And... There's no choice: I'll remember. Because You remain part of the history here.

Come back if (or when) You find enough time and reason.

And good luck to You.
    Last edited by weaw; 01-30-2016 at 11:49 PM.

What happened to you Rager, they got you pushing too many pencils? Pansy.

Whatever your reasons are, best of luck. You'll probably come back at some point so no need for melodramatic goodbyes.

Take care mate, it's been great playing along side of you in the pits all these years! Have fun wherever you end up; and I hope to see you around again.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I always enjoyed playing along side you. Come join me at the retired slave masters table in the arena, we will have a seat and a cold one waiting for you.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

And that's that. Last season for me ends with a title fight between Arkal and Duke for the title, bit Arkal coming out on top. Nice win mate.

Ahhnold and Duke have been freed and Team Win has now closed it's gates. It's nice to sit on top for once, instead of always being the runner up haha :P

Thankyou for the kind words guys. I'm going to miss the PoW community.

Best of luck in the pits.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Thanks for all the years of being an awesome player and positive presence in the community Apoc. You'll be missed. Take care of yourself and all the best in the future!

Good luck outside the Pit!

-Nate-

You prick, how dare you take those spots away from me!

Nicely done mate, hope you enjoy your time off of the sands