Injurie mirrored?

Problem; I attempt to hit enemy, but he uses Surprise Ending and I end up hitting myself, in INJURED part of body. Even tho I'm not injured.
    So does that mean, that enemies injury transfered onto my body during the hit?

[Jan 26 04:37 pm] ARENA - Holos Ii vs Ezoghul

Bone Crushing Highlights Blow-By-Blow Details

Both warriors stare at one another before taking their positions!
    R O U N D 1
    >> HOLOS II SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    >> EZOGHUL SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    HOLOS II drives towards EZOGHUL and attempts to cripple her.
    HOLOS II roars uncontrollably as he attacks! (-Rampage-)
    With an unbelievable motion EZOGHUL redirects the power of the attack back at HOLOS II! (-Surprise Ending-)
    A serious injury is hit and magnifies the damage!
    The blow to HOLOS II's armpit lands with freakish force! (+1690 Damage)

HOLOS II has several wounds on his body!!!
    EZOGHUL drives towards HOLOS II and tries to slice her enemy.
    Women in the audience giggle at the pitiful hit to HOLOS II's stomach. (+28 Damage)
    HOLOS II's life is spared as the Enforcer steps in and commands EZOGHUL to stop!
    A few talent scouts jot down a couple of things!
    The fight lasted 8 seconds!
    Holosts Stable.
    And best gladiator so far;
    Bayorn (dunder theatrics)
    Kicking ass in Blood Gods 2 levels behind and undergeared.

Noticeable Retired Glads;
    Kuljem (human theatrics)

Surprise Ending works like that by design - it takes the hit that should have landed on your gladiator + any amplifying effects and redirects it to the opponent, giving him/her a chance to defend after that (your fighter may also miss).

I'm understand why You found SE behavior so strange.
    I think also this skill doesn't allows a "balanced" work with pure Theatrics.
    It's sad.

But also it's a skill too hard to be mastered as a main defensive skill (released just by few of the BG's).
    And it's the reason to keep it "as is". Although its behavior is out of a "physics", i agree.

But that's plain dumb and illogical.
    The enemy has the injury, not me. If he redirects attack and I hit myself, how do I make more damage on injured body part if I am not injured. lol? This shit is hilarious.

I thought this game is all about reasoning, like lunging with spear and stuff like that. And then BAAM, magic happens. All the normal things you thought apply, are long gone. >_>
    Last edited by Kuljem; 01-26-2016 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Thought of more things to say.
    Holosts Stable.
    And best gladiator so far;
    Bayorn (dunder theatrics)
    Kicking ass in Blood Gods 2 levels behind and undergeared.

Noticeable Retired Glads;
    Kuljem (human theatrics)

Yeah, i'm agree again. It's illogical.
    But also, let's keep the question: What is more important, some logic or some "balance"?
    I thought this game is all about reasoning, like lunging with spear and stuff like that.
    It's not true. Sad. For me it's sad too...
    But this game has some beautiful sides to keep playing it : These illogical things are not the main things of the game. And You know it according to Your statistic.
    For example, SE not the main skill which will defeat any Rage. Moreover, it's just impossible to defeat a Rage having just SE. It's just a "luck" side or a side of very good management...

You might consider Surprise Ending a borderline magical skill, actually Nate said himself that it's something like that, hm, lore-wise. The Great Realm isn't Age of Enlightenment Kingdom of Rationality, in fact there are many irrational things happening during the fights so it's better to adjust to the game mechanics rather than to look for real-world explanation behind each one of them. The game lacks a clear distinguisher between the land of earthly physics and fantasy hodgepodge, I'd agree with that - some extra tips what does what and why would be helpful but I guess it's too time-consuming and there are other, more important tasks.