Master of Arms Question

Hello,

I'm a couple weeks into the game and had a question about master of arms. Yes, I read the faq and stickies but it still confuses me. Can scroll down to the bottom of this post for a shortened version of my question.

So this is one of the definitions I pulled from the sticky:

"Master of Arms: Allows you to wield any weapon at the highest level of either your weapon skill or master of arms. EG: 9 weapon skill in maces and lvl 10 in master of arms means your proficiency with all the weapons is at lvl 9, if maces was at lvl 10 however the proficiency with all weapons would be at 10. The same applies if maces would be lvl 10 and master of arms would be lvl 7, all weapon skills exept for maces would be at lvl 7."

My current glad has 7 skill in swords and 2 in shields. These were skills I leveled up while waiting to unlock MoA.

Fast-forward to now and I have level 10 in MoA but still level 7 in swords and 2 in shields. So according to the definition I pulled, my sword skill is still 7, shields is 2, and everything else (maces, 2h, polearm, etc..) would be 10? Or would they be 7?

Originally I thought MoA just raised every weapon skill to the MoA skill if MoA was higher. I'm pretty positive I'm wrong and I guess I've been fighting at a disadvantage this whole time?

TL;DR
    Sword skill = 7
    Shield skill = 2
    MoA = 10

What is my current sword skill? what is my current shield skill?

Hey, Koshiro.

MoA is a good skill. Keep it at 10! It seems, this skill allows some extras via its text.
    But. Yes. It's never higher than Your main weapon skill. Thats all.

So, raise Your main weapon skill at 9-10 too.

// P.S. TL;DR to You too!
    Last edited by weaw; 01-23-2016 at 06:22 PM.

And i'm sorry, I've not noticed the last questions. Because i was drunk. Sorry.

Your current sword skill is 7 (And it's too low for good performance). Your current shield skill about 6+, as it seems. Depending from Your gladiators stats. And regardless of any skills texts.

Thanks for the reply,

I've begun to up my sword skill. The MoA threw me for a loop, all my other glads have maxed main weapon skill.

Been doing fairly well but I noticed my gladiator fumbles a lot with his weapon and never seems to get good strikes in with his shield! That's when I realized I must have misread MoA lol.

Anyway thanks again!

so please clarify, my blademaster has sword skill at 5 and master arms at 10... then the effective sword skill will be ? 5? 10? .... my shield skill is Zero... but since master arms skill is 10, should shield be 10 also?? please help..

Stable: JvM \^,^/
    .loord uoy ,elur I

All your weapon skills are 5. If your blades skill was a 4 they would all be 4. If it was an 8 they would all be 8. This is because MoA is already at 10. If your MoA skill was a 4, than your sword skill would stay at 5 and all the other weapon skills would be 4.

MoA can't make a weapon skill higher than the highest weapon skill that you manually trained.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 01-25-2016 at 03:05 PM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

TL;DR
    Sword skill = 7
    Shield skill = 2
    MoA = 10

Sword = 7
    Shield = 7
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    so please clarify, my blademaster has sword skill at 5 and master arms at 10... then the effective sword skill will be ? 5? 10?
    The skill of every weapon (except the main) will be defined as the minimum between Your main weapon skill and MoA skill. The minimum between 5 and 10 is 5. It's formal definition by MoA.
    // This definition is true for maxed MoA.

But what do You ask while saying "clarify"? Because there's another answer:

It seems MoA affects not only every weapon skill lvl. It seems, it affects something like Attack Power of Your main weapon.
    So, it would be almost correct to say: You have 5 skill level for sword and a bit less than 5 for every another weapon.
    This answer is less correct at a formal position ("a bit less than 5" is not concret, yes), but also it will give to You a little more info about this skill.

What answer do You prefer?

And i'm sorry, You are get the answers depending from Your questions quality. In fact, i don't know what a usage may have info like "What is my shield skill?"
    Let's suppose it's 8. Let's suppose it's 10. Let's suppose it's 213 even. How these answers affect Your actions?
    The right question here: "What is better way to raise weapon skills if i need to use two of different weapon types?" No?
    Last edited by weaw; 01-26-2016 at 05:02 AM.

No, he still doesn't get it. That's why he said; please clarify.
    I mean, if 2 + 2 is so freaking hard to understand I will draw it in PAINT. Yeah man. DRAW 2 + 2.
    Holosts Stable.
    And best gladiator so far;
    Bayorn (dunder theatrics)
    Kicking ass in Blood Gods 2 levels behind and undergeared.

Noticeable Retired Glads;
    Kuljem (human theatrics)

lol Holoist... i understand now, and also, I am a girl (Julianna) , my blood god name Just J

Stable: JvM \^,^/
    .loord uoy ,elur I