Thread: Exotic Weapons

Exotic Weapons

Are all exotic weapons based on agility? For example, the trident? I know claw and stilleto are, but trident, maybe it's strength based? or not?

Stable: JvM \^,^/
    .loord uoy ,elur I

I think, People have in mind appropriate weapon skill saying "based on Agility" or "based on Strength".
    So, all exotics based on Agility. By definition. Because we have only one skill named Exotic Weapon. And its base: Int+Agi.

But Your question is a right question: High Strength will raise damage for any type of weapon, regardless of its base. Like high Agility will raise precision, attack numbers etc for any type of weapon.
    Base stat will raise damage for appropriate weapon too.
    Strength also determine some others aspects of a fight, like ability to keep Encumbrance at low level.

So, the question "What proportions of a stats I need for the best performance with a Trident?" is too difficult question. At least for me.

But fortunately we have no point to solve this question: Every build contains 10 skills and a weapon skill is just single one. So, usually we may just raise shared base stats for our skills selection.
    For a speed Theatrics with Exotic (the most popular Theatrics usage with different variations) it's a pair: Agility+Presence. Some Stamina. Some Chi (Less obvious tip from Kreegan) to do a pain. Some Int to think! :)
    And Your Jazzy J will be Ok.

// Trident is an excellent weapon. But it's a weapon designed for balance Offense/Defense. Speed Theatric doesn't need any Defense, except his speed and his Signature Moves. Keep fastest Exotic. Like Claw.
    Last edited by weaw; 01-21-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Ok great this answers my question a lot. Well JaZZy has 2 defensive skills(strength of crowd and surprise ending, and the trident i looted is way more damage than other claw i had) so i will keep the trident. and hope my surprise ending will activate now )

Stable: JvM \^,^/
    .loord uoy ,elur I

Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    ... hope my surprise ending will activate now )
    Do not expect a changes in skill work...
    A Trident allows to do good work with both Defensive and Offensive styles because its speed/weight/length are unique among all weapon... It's what i meant above.

To increase chance of Surprise Ending You must allow to opponent to land his attacks. At least. I.e. switch into Parry-lunge/Counter Attack.
    But it doesn't look like a good idea, while JJ has these "tunics" as an armour.

You could remove Strength of the Crowd to raise that chance. And then keep offensive behavior.

// But the real defense of a speed Theatric is his ability to keep opponent in very bad states. I.e. Initiative + Signature Moves + Hamstring + Bleeding.
    Last edited by weaw; 01-22-2016 at 10:47 AM.