Thread: Aiming...

Aiming...

I'm kinda new to this game and have had a question (though I couldn't find it in the threads already posted), what exactly do all the aiming options provide? I know the arms are for disarms but what about the rest?

Also, I've noticed that there aren't many people active on this game. It may be that there is and I don't notice but it's saddening to see such a great game but with such little activity. If there's a way I could help to get more people I'd be happy to.

Head - Stun, Legs - Knockdown, Torso seems to be everything. You can trigger any critical by hitting any limb, the chances for a specific critical are just better when the hit lands on the "designated" limb.

You can always invite friends around and even win trophies by doing so (they should be willing to play though, simply registering is not enough).

Aaahhh I see. Thanks so much, but I would really like to see people on this game actively and communicating and such so I'm gonna try to recruit people and encourage others... But on a side note, do you have any suggestions on a war hybrid? And what branches are suited to certain fighting behaviors?

Hi and welcome!

Here are some of the builds;
    http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread...-for-Beginners

But basically, rage is full offensive, since it has many skills that increase your hitting power, attack power while lowering enemies defense, armor value, etc.
    War is full defensive. Many of skills offer additional protection or similar effects. Usually, if you want offensive war, people just use last 3 or 4 skills in rage tree (depends if you wish to use full heavy armor or not).
    And theatrics, my favourite, is kinda in between. It has both offensive and defensive skills with "twists". Like, more chance to score knockout, more bleeding, they may entangle opponent, and many more.
    If you want to know more, just read guides of each tree.
    Holosts Stable.
    And best gladiator so far;
    Bayorn (dunder theatrics)
    Kicking ass in Blood Gods 2 levels behind and undergeared.

Noticeable Retired Glads;
    Kuljem (human theatrics)

Hi GrimmyGruu.

Every build could be defined by the pair: main fighting style + weapon. A skill choice is a support for this pair.
    So, You may try any skill choice, including "crazy" like this. But, also, You need to know that Your War almost be forced to use defensive styles in "late" stages of the game.
    It's because the War speciality has no good offensive style (only common bash/lunge/slash) and has not many skills to support any offensive style.
    And the defensive styles are needs to be supported by high-tier war skills.

So, it looks like most successful hybrid for War is 2H War. Having 7-8 skill in War tree and 3-2 in the others. It's a complex build. Because You need to understand when and why he needs to switch into Parry, Tank and Bash.
    It also allows You to rebuild into pure defense relatively fast.
    Last edited by weaw; 01-18-2016 at 05:17 AM.

Awesome thanks a lot, I'll look at the links and and try my hardest to create a good war hybrid.

Bear in mind that Wars and Rages are designed to favour specialization over hybrid builds, it is considerably easier to come up with a decent fighter that has 100/100 trains in his/her own skill tree than with a decent hybrid. Wars are more flexible than Rages though so with a good combination of gear and strategy, an efficient War hybrid is not out the question (with Rages it's far more difficult).