Thread: "quiet" changes

Arrow "quiet" changes

PoW is a ... live game. It's one of the things why i love this game.
    Live game is needed to change its "code". Just to be live.
    It's Ok. And it's great.

But. Sometimes we (we are players) have no clue between a log's texts and our ... expectations...
    So, it's looks like a good idea to post about every changes You made...
    Just couple of words. Like "I changed a little bleeding chance for <this>." or "I've changed <...> skill code."

Like something You do to comment every commit in Your version system.

It's, in my opinion, would be great. If You like to keep this community as an open community...

// RIP Ian. There's some relations with this post, his life and his death. I have no doubts here, You'll see these relations.

Regards.
    Last edited by weaw; 01-07-2016 at 12:44 PM.

I'm not a fan of the stealth changes, especially when they affect the balance significantly but I can understand why Nate doesn't announce each and every tweak he does. It would be good to know about the modifications which are likely to to affect certain gladiators significantly, like the recent one which nerfed the tanks by increasing the initiative penalty from defending for too long (or something like that).

I must agree with Weaw here. Since the players don't have raw numbers they play the guess game when tweaking their strategy/build.
    A little change log in the announcement section would be nice so we can see why is our gladiator under (or over) performing so we can adapt accordingly.
    I wasn't aware of the "stealth" changes, maybe they weren't that significant, like the tank initiative change as my dunder tank already has low initiative.

(Though adopting to small unknown changes can be challenging and more time would be required so I can see these quiet tweeks as a challenge/ extra guess game wich can add more to the game for certain people)
    I have returned once more and it seems I'm here to stay.

Ogornomus - master of Iron Aegis

Active Gladiators: Shiroyama, Iron Daimyo, Rom Ironhide, Ludex Grunreer, Decapitare
    Retired: Sigwald, Haraxur Dervish, Davlan, Black Degron, Facles Secutor, Quickshank, Sindrel Myr, FacelessSecutor, Iron Enforcer, Blackiron Guard, Lionel Oldblood, Elaar Venguard, AceOfBlades, Crueligan, Cyrus Lupercal

Yeah, Kreegan. I think, i understand why Nate doesn't announce every things.
    But the open principle allows You to correct my words here, allows Ogornomus to add some words. We used three of heads instead just one here. And we have more correct suggestion as the result.
    I think, we are able to do more if we have more actual info about the game.

But You right, as usual. There's absolutely no sense to know about every little change. Also, an open principle could be hard for Nate...