Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    The Overlord Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,532

    Thumbs up Blood God Season Tournament Surprise!

    Greetings Pit Masters!

    A new surprise awaits the winner of this month's Blood God Season Tournament should he or she dominate with a 90% or better record - A bonus prize of the very first piece of Tier 1 Legendary gear! A future of new possibilities awaits the Great Realm!

    Good luck in the Pit!

    -Nate-

  2. #2
    Elite Master Kreegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    617
    It might be just me but I think it's time to stop ncreasing the gap between the top tier gladiators and those below Blood Gods - the lvl 55 Legendary gear already totally overpowers anything which one could get in Primus and below and is considerably more powerful than even the lvl 50 oranges.

  3. #3
    Veteran Master weaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    It might be just me but I think it's time to stop ncreasing the gap between the top tier gladiators and those below Blood Gods ...
    Yes. You right, in my opinion.
    But how to raise interest in BG Season? Nate doing the good thing too...

    Hmmm. It's mb not another piece of gear, but new skin for a gear? As a reward. But i don't know how to hard to implement this feature...
    Last edited by weaw; 12-12-2015 at 11:28 AM.

  4. #4
    Elite Master Adoede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    511
    I had the same reaction as Kreegan. Instead of being more excited about the new gear, I sighed at the thought that all the gear I just spent 2 years and countless trophies collecting will now become obsolete. I still have many glads that haven't even maximized their current lvl 50-55 legendary gear yet.

    While I understand that making new gear is a proven way to get more managers to use trophies in the game, I would prefer to see changes to the game that make it more competitive and easier for newer managers to join the end-game and compete at the top level. For instance, instead of both making a new category of legendary gear and re-increasing the trophy cost of buying gear, what if instead the cost of buying gear for trophies was radically lowered? Like half or a quarter of what it is now? Then more people would be able to buy the gear to be competitive - and they could change gear if what they had wasn't working. That would make for a faster pace of competitive change in blood gods. As it is now, the same three glads have won the season for the past year.

    Right now, it takes me about 12 months to get enough BGP's to fully outfit one glad...and that's even when I would spend trophies to buy the weapons. If it took 3 months instead, it would make for a much more dynamic arena. I've a few glads that I tried things on only to discover they didn't work 12 months later.

    More competition = healthier game = happier managers imho
    Adoede | Tevrosin

  5. #5
    Legendary Master Prinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    While I understand that making new gear is a proven way to get more managers to use trophies in the game, I would prefer to see changes to the game that make it more competitive and easier for newer managers to join the end-game and compete at the top level. For instance, instead of both making a new category of legendary gear and re-increasing the trophy cost of buying gear, what if instead the cost of buying gear for trophies was radically lowered? Like half or a quarter of what it is now? Then more people would be able to buy the gear to be competitive - and they could change gear if what they had wasn't working. That would make for a faster pace of competitive change in blood gods. As it is now, the same three glads have won the season for the past year.

    Right now, it takes me about 12 months to get enough BGP's to fully outfit one glad...and that's even when I would spend trophies to buy the weapons. If it took 3 months instead, it would make for a much more dynamic arena. I've a few glads that I tried things on only to discover they didn't work 12 months later.
    Pretty much this, Blood gods is the top bracket for a reason but new glads get butchered in most cases

  6. #6
    Veteran Master weaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    ... what if instead the cost of buying gear for trophies was radically lowered?
    Few years ago i'm already suggested to Nate set a property of "real durability" for gear. For example, by losing max durability at every repairing. And, if it 0, this piece of gear is unusable.

    This way, in my opinion, will reslove all the questions described in this topic:
    -- It allows to lower prices; // And, probably, it is the firest step.
    -- It allows to implement new gear whitout these Legendary Tiers;
    -- It allows not only raise average "power" of gear, but also lower it, if needed;
    -- It allows just forget "increasing the gap between the top tier gladiators and those below Blood Gods";
    -- It will give stable revenues from the sale ... Instead these jumps of Legendary Tiers...

    In simple words, it seems it's a good decision...
    But since it has not done for years, something wrong with this decision...
    Last edited by weaw; 12-13-2015 at 04:26 AM.

  7. #7
    Free Citizen Ogornomus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by weaw View Post
    Few years ago i'm already suggested to Nate set a property of "real durability" for gear. For example, by losing max durability at every repairing. And, if it 0, this piece of gear is unusable.
    I don't realy like degrading gear, but permanent loss is unacceptable.
    It think this is a horrible idea, as you have to search for the gear with the right stats then it is gone after some time and now you have to search for it again.
    Yes, gear could be cheaper, but you would need more vault space to hold the spare gear. Players who have more vault space can stock up on replacements, while others have to go for a suboptimal one.

    It won't solve anything. It only adds more frustration.
    I have returned once more and it seems I'm here to stay.

    Ogornomus - master of Iron Aegis

    Active Gladiators: Shiroyama, Iron Daimyo, Rom Ironhide, Ludex Grunreer, Decapitare
    Retired: Sigwald, Haraxur Dervish, Davlan, Black Degron, Facles Secutor, Quickshank, Sindrel Myr, FacelessSecutor, Iron Enforcer, Blackiron Guard, Lionel Oldblood, Elaar Venguard, AceOfBlades, Crueligan, Cyrus Lupercal

  8. #8
    Veteran Master weaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogornomus View Post
    I don't realy like degrading gear, but permanent loss is unacceptable. It think this is a horrible idea, as you have to search for the gear with the right stats then it is gone after some time and now you have to search for it again.
    It's true only if "gear with right stats" is so rare. And if these gear pieces are so expensive.
    It's just a questions of some digits... But not the principal things.
    There may be an option to renew every piece of s...gear. There is a lots of ways...

    // For me, every gladiator which has good equipment is just the gladiator with the good equipment. It's not some sort of Legends. Legends are not because they have nice hats.
    But it's my own opinion.

    But i'm tired to solve these "Complex problems" about Pit of War now. For me it's time to leave this forum for a while.

    Good luck.
    Last edited by weaw; 12-13-2015 at 11:28 AM.

  9. #9
    Legendary Master Prinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by weaw View Post
    Few years ago i'm already suggested to Nate set a property of "real durability" for gear. For example, by losing max durability at every repairing. And, if it 0, this piece of gear is unusable.
    I agree with Ogornomus, it's a horrible idea.

  10. #10
    Elite Master Adoede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Greetings Pit Masters!

    A new surprise awaits the winner of this month's Blood God Season Tournament should he or she dominate with a 90% or better record - A bonus prize of the very first piece of Tier 1 Legendary gear! A future of new possibilities awaits the Great Realm!

    Good luck in the Pit!

    -Nate-
    OMG. Seraph Madigant was still in the running for this prize until he got himself knocked out in one shot by his buddy Seraph Zeta. Haha - oh well
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •