Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh, Nate.

Thanks for the answer.
    I see, there is some barier to understand, what i mean. I'm sorry for that.
    But, please, try to understand my words. I have no toughts like "Let's prove to Nate that i'm right and Nate is wrong!" For what?

The words You wrote is some words which You may add to a strategies help.
    But my words about game mechanics...

For example, You wrote
    Knowing an opponent is rage right at the start is meta game knowledge that you the player knows, not your gladiator.
    I have a question: What is the moment, when this meta game knowledge become available for gladiator? In my opinion, it's meta game knowledge for a whole fight! In my opinion, a gladiator have no tools to get an access to see a skills of an opponent!
    But the game allows it (in this soft form). Because it is the Nate's will. It's not a gladiator property, like Int. It's just Your own will, allow this or not allow.
    So, if the game allows it after first hit, why it doesn't allows it before first hit?

It's not a question just for question. I see some sort of weak spot in the game. This is the spot around strategies and styles. Some styles needs a strategies. Some styles don't needs a strategies.
    So, some styles depends from strtategies restrictions. It's Ok. But these styles is not at the top of the builds rating!
    So, why we need these restrictions?

// It was the main part. I have also an experimental mismatch for
    Gladiators are not able to switch strategies anytime they want, they need to have the opportunity and opening.
    But it is not important.
    Last edited by weaw; 12-12-2015 at 06:28 AM.

I see this wont be fixed. Too bad. Considering nobody needs time and opportunity to act accordingly in real life.
    And I don't think it's metagaming when you fight against same gladiators all the time.
    By the way, we are not only players..... we are Masters. Of those gladiators. Of course I tell my gladiator who he will be facing. Especially if I can afford challenge. I don't want my gladiator to lose on purpose. I would give as much advises as possible. Because, why would I spend so much time and patience on his training and fighting styles so he can lose every fight?

Fighting that one gladiator for 10th time in last 5 days and still don't know he is rage. OH DAYUM! Takes 15 seconds of me getting ass kicked to remember he is rage berserking all around the arena with that hammer and it's time to change my approach towards him. But, it's too late, he already killed me. For 4th time in such short period.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much illogic things over here..... but oh well. Nuff said.
    Holosts Stable.
    And best gladiator so far;
    Bayorn (dunder theatrics)
    Kicking ass in Blood Gods 2 levels behind and undergeared.

Noticeable Retired Glads;
    Kuljem (human theatrics)

I think this part of the game will be fixed. Sooner or later.
    // Or this part of the game will just die. Because it's impossible, keep irrational algorithms. Every algorithm must be rational or will die. And a strategy is an algorithm of a gladiator behavior.

But (sorry, i have an objections almost every time :) we need to understand: The game is an abstraction.
    While almost every human have an ability to know who is an opponent at 10 sec (It's the minimal in-game round time i've seen), "humanoids" of the Great Realm may have other reaction time.
    And it's not literary idea, it's just exactly true. Because this world has own physics.

But this world must have at least his own logic by itself: If a gladiator have an eyes, he should see.
    And now we have only blinded and deafen gladiators, which (though) are able to do strange things. Like count up to 1 health yourself and your opponent. Or predict opponents attacks numbers at rate of 100%.
    // It's impossible things for any creature, of course.

And it seems exactly this problem must be solved: ability of gladiators to know meta game things instead of the things which is "obvious", like opponents weapon type.
    And an ability to know opponents specialty must be removed (it's meta game knowledge forever, no doubts). But now, while it exists and we have no other triggers to describe an opponent, it could be fixed. Yes.

// Sorry for these abstractions.
    Last edited by weaw; 01-26-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Hi Nate.
    Code:
    R O U N D  1
    >> HPLSSRMNTC SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    >> LEMMIN KAINEN SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    LEMMIN KAINEN nearly tangles himself up as he whips his SOUL-TANNED NET around.
    LEMMIN KAINEN casts his SOUL-TANNED NET at HPLSSRMNTC!  (-Entangle-)
    >> LEMMIN KAINEN SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 5
    >> HPLSSRMNTC SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 3
    HPLSSRMNTC is attempting to untangle himself.
    HPLSSRMNTC attempts to cleave his opponent with his BLOODSAND ZWEIHANDER.
    Freakish slash to the back of LEMMIN KAINEN's leg almost removes it about mid thigh...blood sprays from the wound like a fire hose!  (+323 Damage)

>> HPLSSRMNTC SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    >> LEMMIN KAINEN SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 3
    Lemmin Kainen strategy contains row 5 "Opponent is Rage" and row 3 "Opponent is Entangled". So, row 5 not actual after first hit of this fight.

// Again: Wrong switching could be fatal. Especially at the start. Especially vs Rages. Not to mention the fact that gladiator loses initiative and even attacks directly while switching.

Please, check and fix it.

// The issue related directly to the time of the first switching.

// By the way, "Opponent is Disarmed" still doesn't work. Though it could be used at least by any heavy-armed Theatrics (Including "Defensive") to build behavior via Counter-Attack. Sadly.
    Last edited by weaw; 07-05-2016 at 06:08 AM.