Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strategies at 1st round.

Hi, Nate.

Let's take a closer look:

R O U N D 1
    >> BAKRUUL SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    >> VRAAK SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1

VRAAK overruns BAKRUUL and looks to maul his enemy.
    BAKRUUL's armour protects him!

BAKRUUL hurtles furiously around the arena.
    BAKRUUL uses his MASTERWORK GIANT SMASHER to lash out with deadly force.
    The strength and precision in BAKRUUL's attack leaves little chance for defense! (-Crippling Might-)
    A serious injury is hit and magnifies the damage!
    Internal organs are mashed by the beastly shot! (+981 Damage)

VRAAK hits the ground hard after that last hit!
    VRAAK looks at his body and notices he has taken a few hits!

BAKRUUL lashes out like an untamed creature and attacks.
    BAKRUUL falls into a daemonic trance! (-Adrenaline Rush-)
    A serious injury is hit and magnifies the damage!
    A mammoth wound is opened on VRAAK's waist! (+902 Damage)

VRAAK's body is going to need a lot of work!!! *** Serious Injury ***
    VRAAK appears very concerned with his physical state!!!

R O U N D 2

VRAAK picks himself up off the ground!

>> VRAAK SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 5

">> VRAAK SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 5" is "Opponent is Rage" trigger, You know.
    Why it doesn't work at 1st Round ?
    Opponent is Not Rage at 1st round? Or Vraak is blind for some reasons?

Losing the trigger at the first round can be fatal ... You know it too. Please, fix it.

// If You need a tons of logs with that problem i'll give it to You.

Fresh Meat
    Quote Originally Posted by weaw View Post
    Hi, Nate.

Let's take a closer look:

">> VRAAK SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 5" is "Opponent is Rage" trigger, You know.
    Why it doesn't work at 1st Round ?
    Opponent is Not Rage at 1st round? Or Vraak is blind for some reasons?

Losing the trigger at the first round can be fatal ... You know it too. Please, fix it.

// If You need a tons of logs with that problem i'll give it to You.
    I'm not super experienced, but just my 2 cents on it; I believe that each level of strategy is a 'priority' which means there is a time check for each level, so having 'Opponent is Rage' at level 5 means that quite a bit of time will pass before it checks for whats in strategy 5, as basically strategies 1-4 have a higher priority.

I believe that each level of strategy is a 'priority' ...
    It's true. But the priority of switching order only...
    ... a bit of time will pass before it checks for whats in strategy 5
    It's false. There is no space to do these "time passes".
    Entire construction of triggers processed simultaneously.

// I'm not super experienced too. But i have an eyes and some brain in my head. I hope, i have it...

Priority goes by what order the trigger is done.

Start of fight has highest priority, followed by Strategy 2 etc. Strategy 5 has the lowest priority and will only be used if the criteria for any other strategy is not being met.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I know trigger priority, but "Strategy 1" is the "start of fight / standby" strategy wich is the lowest in priority and it is the default fighting style when no other trigger activates.
    But if "Strategy 5" is "Opponent is rage" it should switch to it immediatly if it is true (In case of Bakruul it is). Also no higher priority (Strategy 2-4) was triggered.
    It should have been like this:

>> BAKRUUL SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    >> VRAAK SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    >> VRAAK SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 5

Instead of waiting one round.

Edit#1: If you set a Opponent is Rage,War, etc. trigger to Priority 5 it should always override "start of fight / standby" as it is always true if you face the specified opponent. So basicly it becomes your "start of fight / standby" for that type of opponent.

Edit#2: I did a few tests in the gauntlet with my speed theathric and he always switches to it after the first attack and before his second one. I don't know if it is intended or not, but it explains Vraak's behaviour.
    He only attacked once in the first turn (the blow that got deflected). Then he got grounded and probably lost the rest of his attacks. Then at the start of the second turn before his second attack he switches strategy.
    Last edited by Ogornomus; 12-09-2015 at 04:42 AM.
    I have returned once more and it seems I'm here to stay.

Ogornomus - master of Iron Aegis

Active Gladiators: Shiroyama, Iron Daimyo, Rom Ironhide, Ludex Grunreer, Decapitare
    Retired: Sigwald, Haraxur Dervish, Davlan, Black Degron, Facles Secutor, Quickshank, Sindrel Myr, FacelessSecutor, Iron Enforcer, Blackiron Guard, Lionel Oldblood, Elaar Venguard, AceOfBlades, Crueligan, Cyrus Lupercal

What is a "prority" of the triggers? We have no of these options at all: there is no ways to set two of the triggers with an equal priority.
    We have only order of the triggers.

And, yes, the start trigger is the last trigger. It's just designed as a first. For some reasons.

@Ogornomus, Thank you for helping me to describe the problem.

It's the problem because some Ahhnolds are able to serve and eat whole my stable with one round. :)
    Last edited by weaw; 12-09-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Edit#2: I did a few tests in the gauntlet with my speed theathric and he always switches to it after the first attack and before his second one.
    Try to use counter-attack. You'll be surprised how long you can wait for a trigger. %)

For a Shadow the problem style is Shadowdance.
    For some Rages this style is simple Berserk (We need to have Hard to Hit for that Rage) .
    It seems , sometimes, this problem rises even on Parry for Wars (This style is used rarely, so, i can't say this is correct...).
    Last edited by weaw; 12-09-2015 at 05:43 AM.

if your are concerned about rages kicking your ass before you can change strats you need to deal with that problem in strat line 1, your start strategy. You will never just instantly change strategy, but it is quite possible to change strats in round 1 before you have done anything.
    I suggest that you do like this to solve your problem: (start/standby 6 tank 1)
    That will deal with the early onslaught from any rage, and then you can plan for how to beat your opponent with the other strategy lines.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Thanks, oedi, for some thoughts.

I'm not concerned about a Rages behavior. I'm not concerned even about a rating of my stable.
    I'm concerned that the true things are false in the process of a fight. It's a basic things of the logic: Every event must be true or must be false for every bit of time. And it can't have some value between these states...

My report is the report about this problem. It's not a complain of a Rages or something like that. Rages are Ok. Tanks are Ok (in some sense). Shadows are Ok. But the system of a triggers "Opponent is _speciality_" works wrong right now.
    Last edited by weaw; 12-11-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Hi Weaw,

Thanks for the question. Gladiators are not able to switch strategies anytime they want, they need to have the opportunity and opening. Sometimes there are affects that prevent them from switching such as being stunned for example or recovering from massive damage or a barrage of attacks. A gladiator also isn't going to know the specialty of his opponent until after the fight begins and he is able to see him fight for a little bit. A war gladiator could be dressed in light armour, wielding a two-handed weapon and looking rather wild for example. Knowing an opponent is rage right at the start is meta game knowledge that you the player knows, not your gladiator. A gladiator's intelligence can help with things like that though and possibly help them make the change sooner than later.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-