Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Precision for low lvl Tank War.

Hey guys, sorry for asking this, but i have some difficults with my War. I'm new also.
    So, i know in early lvls, this isn't very good, at least for tanking. I know too there is a low competition in arena so there is no "real" challenge. But i have some difficults to run it. His name is Isaac Maas. He's a Trug male and yeah, he's a little retarded, but i like him! He's strong when he wants to and can take more hits than i can, and that's great, but i'm not satisfied yet from his performance. So i made this post for some help, maybe.

There is his
    stats without
    amors boost:
    str: 72 - and with armor: 77
    int: 57 - - - - - - - 57
    agi: 72 - - - - - - 75
    sta: 69 - - - - - - 90
    pre: 60 - - - - - - 72
    chi: 74 - - - - - - 76
    size: 84 - - - - - - 85

His skills: Blades- 9 (60%)
    Grim determination: 4 (0%).

He's running with a one-handed blade and a massive shield. He's actually lvl 22.
    He has 4 stratégies:
    1) Stand up 5/5 slash aim legs/ def legs
    2) I'm on the ground 10/4 tank aim front leg/ def torso
    3) I'm moderately tired or more 2/2 tank def legs
    4) Round 6 8/10 slash aim head/ def arms

My first question is: Is this normal to take so much time to up Blades up to 10? I have like 6.5% chance and even if i put some intelect stuff i barelly can go up at 7%. If it's recomended, i will do my best to up this to 10, but this drive me crazy.
    My second question is how to beat the Skull Reaver from tier 1. I know he's not so difficult, but i have struggle against him. I tried some offensive and deffensive strategies but he smash me so hard, i can't kill him. I don't have enough dmgs. Maybe i should go for a dual sword, but i don't know, i didn't try it yet, but this is an idea.
    My third question is the gear. Right now, he's running full heavy armor since lvl 1. So he's always encumbred (orange bar). I have a green gear with blue blade/shield. I focus blue gear and more on weapon and shield. My primary stat is stamina, because in the very low lvls, he passes out a lot. I know he didn't have much strenght, i tought he would have more agility because he has a blade, but i don't really know at this point. What stats should i focus on? Right now, i'm trying to get some items with strenght/stamina, but that's kinda difficult in green armor.

He's running a lot in the gauntlet, not so much in conquest because i can't win the last boss, i don't know, he's not good enough. I know i should run those when he hits lv 50, but i want to retire him when i can, so i could do a real "tank". Maybe not so quicly, i would need some money, but i don't know, i'll see in the future. He's just a test but i want to know some strategies from it.

So, just a point, i'm a free-player, and i run only 2 glads right now, my War and speed Theatrics (snivler, he's doing good). So i can't afford an accountant and some others bonuses. maybe the next week i would have some trophies for a third glad.

Oh, and the last question, the money maker in low lvl: actually, i run the gauntler for this too, all green stuff i sell it. That's not a lot of money, but that's enough for repairing my stuff.
    I saw pinny's guid for wars and it was very good (for skills and stats, primary because i wanted a tank).

Thanks for reading and sorry for my faults if there is some, i don't have a perfect english but i can communicate! See you in the pit! (not right now, maybe in 2-3 months xD).
    Last edited by isaac; 10-14-2015 at 03:23 AM.

Hi mate your guy is dumb, but built like a brick shithouse, so he's got potential Going from rank 9-10 takes forever, but worth it. you'll fumble less and hit harder. I know you intend to tank, but when you skill up master of arms, you'll be thankful for it.

Speaking of which, while you're blade skill is high, you shield skill wont be. Your gladiator will actually be better off playing aggressive with a second blade until you get master of arms to rank 8. Bonus of master of arms is that you can use a shield and mace, even though you're trained in blades You could even use a 2H weapon for a bit if it took your fancy :P

My advice for now is as follows:

- get aggressive and swap to 2 blades, and use medium armor. you dont want to go above 45% encumbrance.
    - get grim det and blades to 10. then start training master of arms to 8, pick up a shield, and swap to a defensive style.
    - get battle hardened to ~8
    - get Never say Die to ~8
    - go back and finish ranking skills to 10.

It may make for a bit of a slog, and involves playing offensively for a bit, but it will give you better results long term IMO. It will probably help in the arena challenges too.

For defensive strats, i'd suggest defending head or torso and:

1) start of fight 6/6 tank
    2) I am very tired 2/2 tank
    3) I cannot defend 4/4 slash
    4) I am slightly tired 4/4 tank

for offensive strats, try:

1) start of fight 6/6 slash
    2) I am very tired 2/2 slash
    3) I am moderately tired 4/4 slash
    4) I am slightly tired 5/5 slash

Dont worry about where to aim, but keep it consistent, in case you cause an injury, so you can hit it again.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 10-14-2015 at 06:12 AM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Hi isaac.

1. It seems, You are spending too much training points trying to get 10 in the Blades right now. I know, there are an advices to do it, but it can be mitigated: Try to get 10 in a weapon skills when a gladiator reaches 40+ or even 50.
    And yes, 7% is normal for this one. But later You can rise this chance a bit by stacking Int/Agi on his gear. In general, i have advice to You: try to stack Int for this one, then maximize skills, then change a gear to stack what You need for fight. Because Int is low while it needed to maximize all the skills...

2. http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread...3-Tier-1-Arena

3. A War can't tank properly until 35 level (at least 35!). In fact, no one build can use the features properly until 35 level. So, You are just lose a fights while trying to use some fatures like heavy armor or tank stance.
    Same about strategies. The Strategies is the best way to win. But also, Strategies is the best way to do something awful! :) Especially at low level.

4. Gold. There is not so much difference between orange and grey weapon/armor. Much more important: focusing to optimize Your gladiators armor/weapon by type/weight/abilities related to strategies/skills. But.
    -- Do the Accountant payment if it's possible;
    -- Run a Gauntlet/Conquest to get some gear/gold/trophies/tokens;
    -- Use Challenge; // I highly reccomend to use random fights instead of Challange. Because Your game experience have the greatest value here. It's more valuable than any violet/orange weapon. But You can attack a "weak" gladiator to get some gold.
    -- Use "first" trophies to upgrade Your Barracks.

In general for this gladiator:
    Try to keep Encumbrance below 30 now. Drop a heavy armor if You need to do it. Wear a medium or even light armor from Your armory. Forget a tank stance for a while. Drop strategies except the first. Drop a dual weapon/shield if You are used it. Wield a middle-weight blade, like gladius. And go rush lunge/slash at 8/7 or something like that.
    Playing with Activity/Bloodlust/Fighting style at first line of Strategies You'll get some minimal experience to understand strategies and game mechanics generally.
    And You'll be able to build good tank strategy at level 40-50.
    // Although I hope You'll choose to do something more interesting. Bleed&Tank, for example.

Good luck!
    Last edited by weaw; 10-14-2015 at 08:51 AM.

It will take me some time to change all my armor. Tomorrow i'll run with 2 blades, and i'll try to be a litlle offensive. Well, right now, he's not so bad, and in arena he's not losing so hard. There is some fights where i can't stand for a long time and i lose them, or there is a powerful rage who can 4 shoot me, but he's not so bad, he tanks pretty well.
    What stats should i focus on if i change my stuff? Strength i think? and presence maybe? Oh and i have only 3 slots in my vault, so i can't have a full set int for my skills, i have 2 glads and i need at least 1 space for the stuff from the gauntlet.
    Well, for lvl 10 skill, it's kinda late to wait lvl 40+. I saw in the pinny war's guide, i think, he said i should have this skill maxed about lv 20 if i focus it :s. But that's ok, i still can do it, but it will take forever.

And for the money-maker, is this good to do the gauntlet for it? i run them like 5-6 times a day (that's when i have a lot of free time) per glad. So i have some gold in my bank, like 100k.

PS: i recived an invite for the blood game, i think i'll do it as a tank, with my actual build, i want to know how bad Isaac Maas is. Then i think i'll do a different build for him.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac View Post
    I saw in the pinny war's guide, i think, he said i should have this skill maxed about lv 20 if i focus it :s.
    I think, Prinny has not taken into account a gladiators with a zero Int. ;)

I added an answer about the gold. It seems, the Conquest is more interesting at ~ 20 level. But You can try do both, the Conquest and at same time the Gauntlet.
    Last edited by weaw; 10-14-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks for the tips, conquests i tried it and the team always is out of stamina, so i only do the gauntlet, i have a 100% sure chance to get an item i can at least sell. And yeah, this glad is for a retire, so i don't mind challenge or not.

Ditto what Apoc said.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

conquests are good for grinding out gold. black market pit fights are also good, and they let you tweak your strats a bit too

try not to get discouraged by the slow progress from 9-10. it's slow, but worth it. if you get too impatient though, just put a single point into another skill so that you reach the required points to unlock skills deeper in the tree. you can then go back and unlearn those placeholder points and finish leveling stuff up.

also, because you're low level, stamina is probably the best thing to look for in gear. a lot of fights at low level go for a while because of fumbles and soft hits, so endurance to last longer goes a long way. stamina will also be great later on once you start tanking.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Thanks for the tips, but for conquest, when i hit lvl 15-16, i didn't win anything in it, i barelly can defeat the gut trasher. I think i choose poorly my mates, but i don't know... So that's why i don't run conquests anymore, just gauntlets and i'm trying to be at the first place in the pit fight, but hardly done :s.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac View Post
    Thanks for the tips, but for conquest, when i hit lvl 15-16, i didn't win anything in it, i barelly can defeat the gut trasher. I think i choose poorly my mates, but i don't know...
    No-No. There are just some ... boundaries of lvl. For some reason. And the Conquest becomes more hard after these boundaries... At 20 or a bit erlier.
    I have just tried it. At 23 and with Isaac as one of the crew. It's really hard, You are right. And it's not because Isaac in the crew (he was doing great of his role, more than i expected :).
    But keep try the Conquest. It will be possible back.
    Also, take a look at what Apo says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoca1ypse View Post
    try not to get discouraged by the slow progress from 9-10. it's slow, but worth it. if you get too impatient though, just put a single point into another skill so that you reach the required points to unlock skills deeper in the tree. you can then go back and unlearn those placeholder points and finish leveling stuff up.
    There may be some ... controversy between our words or in our approaches, but the sense is only one: "try not to get discouraged!"

For example.
    I just spend 160+ training points to remove one of the skills. // Thanks to Kreegan for help with this decision.
    And get nothing instead. And i'm happy. Why?
    Because i know what exactly i will try to build and why i will try it.

So, this is not a game to do something tomorrow. But the game, were You able planning for months.
    So, "try not to get discouraged" yet. It's just today.

// And read, please, what exactly Apo says. There are some usefull hints about "How to use skills tree" and "How to develop skills".
    Last edited by weaw; 10-14-2015 at 04:49 PM.