Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard.

Also, how does one fight against gladiator with Entangle?
    They can spam that skill all day every day, and it's impossible to break free. And even if I do break free, I get entangled that very same millisecond again.
    Tips plz? I have problem with that with all my glads.
    Holosts Stable.
    And best gladiator so far;
    Bayorn (dunder theatrics)
    Kicking ass in Blood Gods 2 levels behind and undergeared.

Noticeable Retired Glads;
    Kuljem (human theatrics)

well, entangle is my favorite skill so even if I'm not a pro I'd like to chip in with my two cents.

- Train in Unnatural Agility if you can. It helps against all sorts of entangles (ensnare, disarm, knockdown)

- Experiment with I am Entangled fight strategy

- Stack luck if you can; it's a hidden skill that indirectly does play a part in this game. See http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread...p-of-the-Week! (tip#9)

- Stacking intellect may trigger a skill more often. (tip#13). Choosing the right fighting style also helps (tip#8). That's how your opponent might have entangled you often.

- Try reducing the glad's encumbrance.

There are surprises in the game. I've had similar experience as yours, viz fighting with grey weapon has yielded me damage in red similar to fighting with a purple one, and yielded me victories! I feel that's because there may be a cap on the damage dealt (or some formula giving diminishing returns) based on normal weapon hit and if attack power is sufficiently high the quality of weapon may make not much difference. I may be wrong in this theory. Bugs may still be there; they will keep popping up, getting identified and fixed. But many times they're not bugs; just our lack of expertise.

Sorry I've been away from the game for ages; but hope the above info helps a bit. Expert's comments are more advised.

cheers
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 09-19-2015 at 02:07 AM.

Alright, thanks.

Anyone knows why Trug bonus isn't actually applied?
    I mean on resisting bleeding... I know it doesn't completely stops bleeding, but that Blood Bath does almost 300 bleed.....to any kind of glad. I see same damage done to urk, dunder and trug. Which kinda makes no sense.
    Holosts Stable.

Kuljem (human theatrics)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuljem View Post
    Alright, thanks.

Anyone knows why Trug bonus isn't actually applied?
    I mean on resisting bleeding... I know it doesn't completely stops bleeding, but that Blood Bath does almost 300 bleed.....to any kind of glad. I see same damage done to urk, dunder and trug. Which kinda makes no sense.
    I'm pretty sure Trugs do get their bleed resistance, if they didn't you would probably see even higher damage. I don't know exactly what their resistance is, but it's probably around 10% or 15% so it isn't huge, but it does help in the long run.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I still think Trug don't have any bleeding resistance,thus making them good only for stacking hp. Which brings me to another topic.
    GW skill clearly states that bleeding damage takes effect at the end of every round, how come I lost a fight against a gladiator which had 0 hp at the start of last (6th) round.
    At the end of 5th round enemy had 7 hp and 13 bleeding damage, while my glad had 51 hp and 12 bleeding damage.
    There is 0 logic in this matter.
    Holosts Stable.

Kuljem (human theatrics)

I've beat up on my fair share of Trugs and they are bleeding a lot less than the other races. The zero health issue has been answered many time before in the forums if you search. If I recall the answer is they had between 0 and 1 health but the game only displays whole numbers. It is a little confusing at first but once you understand what is happening it's no biggie.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

"Surrender rolls" are currently taking place before the damage calculation at the beginning of the round - hence why a gladiator with 0 or less health can win if he/she rolls something that counts as "don't surrender" and the opponent fails at the same. I think Nate was supposed to place the damage calculation first but probably haven't had the time so far.

Dainoji, i think you didn't really understood what I wrote back there.
    Anyway, I think it's lame and deceiving to announce that bleeding damage is done at the end of the round, while in reality it takes effect the second before first strike in next round.
    Oh and that "surrender roll" also without logic..
    Holosts Stable.

Kuljem (human theatrics)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuljem View Post
    Anyway, I think it's lame and deceiving to announce that bleeding damage is done at the end of the round, while in reality it takes effect the second before first strike in next round.
    Oh and that "surrender roll" also without logic..
    I think, there is no difference when exactly bleeding applied except a difference related to "Surrender rolls" described by Kreegan.
    Because in fact a round is a series of some events between two of the surrender rolls points. At this point of view, does not matter when a bleeder wins, at the end of the round or at the start of the next.
    But i agree, a bleeding damage must be applied at least before the starting surrender roll of the next round, if it is not...

It is what we should suggest to Nate.
    Last edited by weaw; 09-24-2015 at 05:31 AM.

Question;
    Can someone explain me, since I don't understand; How come I sometimes come across matches where I deal only white or gray damage. Meaning, only 1-20 or something like that, without any effect. Situation is mostly next; My Heavy Armor Two Handed Trug vs Light Armor Rage or Theatric. I have a lot(not a LOT, but good amount) of Attack Power and I still hit with DFA for 1 damage, etc. All the while those same enemies in light armor do red and pretty big hits.
    Why is that?
    Also, my tank with shield and lot of Defense can't hit lightly armored Rage or theatric, but they are KICKING MY ASS all over arena.
    Someone smart, please answer me what am I doing wrong. Or is this another one of those unexplainable unlogic things that we see in game.
    Holosts Stable.

Kuljem (human theatrics)