Free Citizen

Challenging in the arena

I was wondering that if I beat a opponent that is placed higher than my glad I get more points that if I beat a opponent placed lower? Anybody got any insights on this?

See you in the Pit!

You always get 2 training points. But your slaves get more points against higher ranked ones, so they rank up faster themselves. For you to decide, if you actually want this!

Thor
    Stable: Thors Throne
    - Thor Odinson ! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Odin !
    - Freya Odrvif! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Friya !
    - Odin Allvatir ! The fucking beast amongst gods (Bihander warrior)
    - Friya ! Fast & Furious

Free Citizen
    Yeah I thought so, but is it really much of a difference? Should I be try to always challenge higher ranking glads that I don't know I can win or is it better to stay in the comfortable zone with the weaker glads? I currently try to risk a bit and challenge higher level players.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroJorge View Post
    Should I be try to always challenge higher ranking glads that I don't know I can win or is it better to stay in the comfortable zone with the weaker glads?
    What is Your goal?
    If You wish to reach a specific bracket as soon as possible, then yes, You need to challenge gladiators.
    Also, You may try to find which gladiators has a high rank and has a bad chances against Your gladiator. And You may just spam to challenge them.
    But i have a warning: Only difficult fights may give a real experience to Your gladiators. While a rating is just a digits...

And yes, some words about ratings: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system , for example.
    Last edited by weaw; 08-31-2015 at 02:51 AM.

Free Citizen
    Probabbly the best would be to challenge weaker glads, so that my glad doesn't rank too fast, enabling him to reach 1k fights while mantaining 50% win rate and reaching primus. Although for now I always challenge players above my position. Thanks for the input. When I have a hol slave I might try the approach of challenging weaker glads so that I can rack up more wins.

If Your goal is just reaching retirement...

There are at least two builds which allows You to do that comparatively easy and using a random fights:
    The first is a Thetrics, speed-oriented. Agility, a lightest weapons (probably, exotics will do best), marking the head as an attack target. Something like Lunge 9/8 as a main strategy. Feint, Called Shot, Gratuitous Violence, Signature Moves, Overhelming Presence, Knockout as a key skills. Strength is the secondary attribute.
    The second is a Rage, power-oriented. Strength, two-handed weapon. The main strategy is Berserk 9/8 or something like that. Brute Force, Sunder Armor, Rampage, Crippling Might, Annihilate, Total Carnage as an approximate skills selection. Stamina is the secondary attribute.

In fact, these builds are just one rushing gladiators type in my opinion. Just one type in a different variations. And It's bored because of its rushing nature...
    But:
    These builds are easy to manage and they are pretty easy to reach a retirement.

// And i advise You to always use random fights. This will see a wider range of builds and strategies. And, as a result, gives an experience.
    Last edited by weaw; 09-03-2015 at 05:12 AM.