Free Citizen

Leveling a HoL Slave

Hey there,
    I have recently having some questions about retiring gladiators, so here is another!
    My goal in Pit of Wars to is become dominant in the blood gods brackets and for that to happen, I will need HoL slaves. Some times I encounter some glads with full purple gear, so my strategy, once I have a HoL glad, would be to level it and spend as much gold I can, making him the best I can and rising fast to the top. How do you, influential Pit Masters, do? Do you have like a glad in Primus earning alot of money so that you can invest that money on you HoL slaves? Do you try to save as much as possible to spend on the HoL slaves and kinda neglect those you don't expect to be top competitors?

By the way, another question: I have like 1M in the bank, and my Pedrojorge is strugling through Maximus, should I try to get him some purples, even if it is just the main weapon, or should I save for when I have a HoL slave?

Thanks for the time.
    See you in the Pit!

I usually run my glads in full blue with purple weapons these days untill they hit lvl 50.

I don't seem to be running into any money issues with 3 glads in blood gods wearing full orange gear, 1 in primus and another glad that's in the lower brackets right now however this is with full stable upgrades such as the armoury, accountant and doctors.

If you don't have your armoury and doctors fully upgraded yet I can strongly advise doing this with the trophies you earn because at max lvl the armour reduces repair costs by 75% and with the doctor having an 80% chance to heal serious injuries you will have to spend less gold since you won't have to heal as many injuries anymore.

If your gladiator is really struggling alot spending some gold on gear might work and if the goal is to get a HoL slave it can be worth it in the longer run. Besides you can keep the equipment equiped to the gladiator when you retire it and take it off to equip it to another gladiator if you wish to do so which saves you some vault space.

Free Citizen
    Well, my objective is to retire Pedrojorge as soon as I am able, but then I won't have any glad in Primus, due to the fact that the other glads I have a bit behind. How will I be able to suport that HoL glad with only 1M in the bank? Maybe buy always blues, but no purples.

When I started get my HoL slaves I bought all purple for them, but early levels go by quickly so it is expensive re gear every 5 levels or so.
    I now use mostly blues and purple for weapons. I think it also depends on what kind of gladiator you want to go with.
    A rage might only need a purple waeapon and you only buy armor for extra stats and at lower levels those are not that impressive so blues are enough.
    For my tanks buying all purple is better as they can use the extra armor rating from heavy armor.
    I have returned once more and it seems I'm here to stay.

Ogornomus - master of Iron Aegis

Active Gladiators: Shiroyama, Iron Daimyo, Rom Ironhide, Ludex Grunreer, Decapitare
    Retired: Sigwald, Haraxur Dervish, Davlan, Black Degron, Facles Secutor, Quickshank, Sindrel Myr, FacelessSecutor, Iron Enforcer, Blackiron Guard, Lionel Oldblood, Elaar Venguard, AceOfBlades, Crueligan, Cyrus Lupercal

Free Citizen
    I see, I am considering getting a good two handed rage, as it is the class I am most confortable with, so I might run him full blue and purple weapon once in a while. Thanks for the input.
    See you in the Pit!