Free Citizen

Another question about retirement!

Hey,
    So I have two gladiators which are fairly advanced in the brackets. Pedrojorge just reached Maximus and Laetorius is still in Legends. I have noticed, specially with Pedrojorge that the Maximus bracket is really competitive and I struggle to get a win rate of 50% in my fights. Also, the only fight strategy I use is a poor 8/9 Slash because I don't know how to make fight strategies. How hard it is to retire a gladiator? Cause I don't think I can reach the Blood Gods and it will be a long way for 1000 fights and getting to primus.
    Should I maybe try to invest more on fight strategy? If so can anybody give me some tips?

Well since your gladiator needs to reach primus atleast to retire you should focus on getting there with the 1k fights and a winrate that is required from your gladiator. It is always worth it to invest in strategies especially if you are struggling against certain types of gladiators you can try to adjust your strategy to cope with those.

Free Citizen
    But what? Maybe lower activity when I get tired? One think I have noticed is that I loose many times because my glad looses steam when matched against high hp glads. So I tried to switch to berserker when my HP is lower than his, but this way I loose due to exaustion. I really dont know what to do

That is completely up to you to figure out, some strat changes might be a bit more obvious than others

Pedrojorge is 215-130-15 in maximus at 62.3%.
    That's a pretty decent ratio to be running. You're still a far way off from retiring due to the number of fights. You're not gonna get to primus with an 80% win ratio or something exceptional like that unless you're willing to sink a lot of trophies into speeding up your glad's development. You can relax a bit - you're doing fine. You can't expect to win them all as some builds are naturally strong/weak against others.
    And yes, the competition does get pretty tough in maximus - you're getting to the top competitors and there are a few stables out there that will routinely challenge glad's they can easily beat as they try to rush to primus and stack their win rate.
    As Prinny suggested, if there's a particular build you're losing against, or losing due to a particular reason in some cases trying playing with your strategy to account for that, or you can just accept that your glad doesn't shine in that case. Adoede has a great strategy primer in the newbie section that is very helpful. You may also consider changing up some equipment - getting purples, or stacking stamina for example.
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)

the w/l requirement goes down eventually the more fights a glad has which makes it possible for just about all but the worst glads to retire.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Free Citizen
    Thanks guys for the tips.