Stable Servant

retire or blood gods

i would like to get some oppinions on how yall decide whether a glad is good enough for Blood gods or should be retired.

Everyone differs on their criteria. Personally, I just don't invest much in glads that I won't be happy keeping long-term - so I spend trophies to find good prospects in the first place. At the blood gods level, any glad can be made to be competitive...but only elite glads will compete for the top 3 spots. I'd rather have a few top competitors than a bunch of glads that have no real shot at the top.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

On that note, sad to say I just "sold" Seraph Zurell - Polearm War - 79 71 96 75 89 77 77. He was fun and getting tougher to beat by the season, but a new prospect rolled into town and I had to make room.

Farewell Zurell!
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Stable Servant
    yeah thats what i was looking for Adoede just oppinions thank you.

Personally, I bring to Blood Gods all gladiators which I find interesting, one way or another. How competitive he or she will be in this environment depends on many things - your own build, your strategy, the opponents builds and strategies, the types of gladiators in the bracket, the opponents which you get to fight, luck and so on. The builds in Blood Gods aren't very dynamic though, so the bracket visibly changes its composition every 6-7 months on the average. If your aim is a competitive gladiator, go with some of the tested builds (read the Blood Gods fights for some time to get an idea how they work), otherwise just do what will be fun for you.

Stable Servant
    im just wondering if i am expecting to much.i have a war glad with over 700 wins and less than 400 losses.im just trying to figure if he is good enough to go to bg or not.

The regular arena and BG are really two separate but related games. A glad that does well in the regular arena may do well in BG if his build is competitive with the current meta. I'm a believer that just about any glad can be made to do well with proper design and strats and gear. Your glad has over a 60% w/l and that's quite good. I'd suggest you bring him or her into BG, get the best gear you can afford if it needs upgrading and see what happens. You'll need to adjust your strats over time to fight against all types since you won't have the ability to pick your fights anymore. You really don't have anything to lose by giving it a shot.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 06-04-2015 at 04:25 PM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

1120g+ is good enough unless you want to run pure initiative/speed build.

Seraph Madigant was 1123 gp.
    Seraph Zeta was 1098 gp.

Both compete for the top consistently

How the stats are distributed might be more a factor than the total gp price. I like the ones with extreme stats...
    Adoede | Tevrosin