I just had a strange fight and got to ask: Can people really do that?

Since turn 2 my opponent has been switching between Strategy 2 and 3. No idea what that is

Rounds 2-5 each round: He attacks, then I attack.

Round 6 and 7: He attacks, then my trigger triggers and I go into parry mode

Round 9 He attacks

Round 10: I attack and then my second trigger puts me into tank mode.

Round 11, 13 and 15: He attacks. Now he is at 1 Endurance left. I'm at 18 Endurance. Hitpoints are 532 to 508 in my favor.
He continuous to keep switching between Strategy 2 and 3, like he did since round 2.

And then 15 and 18 the audience are starting to throw stuff at the gladiators and I take damage. In round 20 he takes some damage, too and again in round 30. (I guess he took less because he attacked longer and maybe because of luck and/or presence?)

In round 35 Endurance is still 18 to 1 but HP are 93 to 216 against me and I'm declared looser by the enforcer.

So my question: Is this possible or some kind of bug?

What I find weired:
1. Does Tanking really mean not ever attacking at all - not even once every 10 rounds? This sounds dumb given that there is not even a trigger "Every 5th round"
2. What exactly makes one loose endurance? I lost endurance between round 11 and 15, and I did not even attack.
3. And most importantly: How did he manage to stop attacking? It was not a change in strategy, he kept switching between 2 and 3 like before but he decided not to make that very last attack that would have caused him to go unconcious. - I'm just asking, because I want to do that, too.