Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Nate,

I am a casual player of this game and can't do any grinding due to time constraints but I am around here since long. Appreciate the development that keeps happening to the game from time to time. I have some suggestions, few of them from a couple similar games I play; hope you won't mind at least giving a thought.

- Slave restart: Sometimes the slave is just outstanding in his base attributes so we may not want to lose him; but if for any reason we want to change his build altogether it might help if we are able to do so with an ample trophy cost, bringing him back to level 1 and with a choice to choose a fresh school and speciality for him.

- Slave renaming: If for a small trophy cost if we are able to change the name of a slave, maybe to give a better name or to correct the spelling mistakes, it might be good.

- Achievement slots: If the third and forth of the achievement slots can also be purchased optionally with huge amount of gold it might be worth a place for ongoing investment of the earned gold. Otherwise once we have the right gear on the gladiator the gold just accumulates to that 999,999,999... limit and thereafter generally only used to auto repair and stuff like that.

- Choice of prize: If a player is given the choice of selecting one of the rewards it might become more interesting. Say between a gear piece and a set of training points, one might choose gear if he needs one; or one might choose training points if he feels them more worth picking.

- Pit fight weapons: If I am not wrong Entangle skill triggers only with nets or whips. If we base our build on it the skill may not trigger in the pit fights if the gladiator doesn't get a whip or net there. So in pit fights it might perhaps be fair if the weapon a gladiator gets is the same actual weapon he is equipping in the equipment slot.

If I am saying anything vague or redundant please ignore. Sincere thanks for making it a good game to play.
    Regards
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 05-03-2015 at 02:26 AM.

I'm against permanent stats boosts in any form (switching cheap stat for expensive stat included) or any additional advantage as reward. I dislike the blood games achievements like +833 block +667 bleeding and + 667 armor and I suggest to actually remove them unless you can argue why 15 times winner would need such enchantments.
    I like:
    - vanity gear;
    - special text lines at the beginning of arena match / during fight / on winning the fight / using abilities;
    - gladiator name in the rankings can have different color;
    - things that won't influence game balance;

In general, I have to say I agree with Pit Lord that stat boosts and massive achievement boosts can create balance problems in the game...if anyone ever got them. So if they were to fall by the wayside, I would be totally fine with that.

I really like the idea for customizable gear though! Artwork-wise, I know it is costly, so I'd be fine with just being able to select what bonuses that custom gear would have...and choosing a cool name for it If you keep the artwork the same, then it won't cost much to implement and perhaps more glads could qualify for the prizes...say top 10?
    Adoede | Tevrosin

I'm a big fan of anything that does not lead to an in game advantage. Vainity gear/text is a great way for people to feel rewarded without getting a combat advantage

That, and I really want Ahhnold to wield a barbell as his 2H weapon :P Feel da pump!
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Stable Servant
    How about being able to sell eq bought with bgp back for bgp instead of just gold?

Thanks for the additional feedback and suggestions.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarion199 View Post
    Hi Nate,

I am a casual player of this game and can't do any grinding due to time constraints but I am around here since long. Appreciate the development that keeps happening to the game from time to time. I have some suggestions, few of them from a couple similar games I play; hope you won't mind at least giving a thought.

- Slave restart: Sometimes the slave is just outstanding in his base attributes so we may not want to lose him; but if for any reason we want to change his build altogether it might help if we are able to do so with an ample trophy cost, bringing him back to level 1 and with a choice to choose a fresh school and speciality for him.

- Slave renaming: If for a small trophy cost if we are able to change the name of a slave, maybe to give a better name or to correct the spelling mistakes, it might be good.

- Achievement slots: If the third and forth of the achievement slots can also be purchased optionally with huge amount of gold it might be worth a place for ongoing investment of the earned gold. Otherwise once we have the right gear on the gladiator the gold just accumulates to that 999,999,999... limit and thereafter generally only used to auto repair and stuff like that.

- Choice of prize: If a player is given the choice of selecting one of the rewards it might become more interesting. Say between a gear piece and a set of training points, one might choose gear if he needs one; or one might choose training points if he feels them more worth picking.

- Pit fight weapons: If I am not wrong Entangle skill triggers only with nets or whips. If we base our build on it the skill may not trigger in the pit fights if the gladiator doesn't get a whip or net there. So in pit fights it might perhaps be fair if the weapon a gladiator gets is the same actual weapon he is equipping in the equipment slot.

If I am saying anything vague or redundant please ignore. Sincere thanks for making it a good game to play.
    Regards
    I really like this "Slave Restart" idea. I just retired a gladiator that, ever day I played him, I wished I hadn't made him what I did. Really good stats, I just was a total failure with the build I chose.

Also, "Pit Fight Weapons"- I've run into some problems with this too. Had a Pole Arms War, used Spear & Lunge, did well enough in PF when he got a Spear, but was poor with other Pole Arms better served with bash.
    Presently have a Shadow, using Exotics, but not Nets & Whips, and no skill in Entangle. Up to level 40, he was very consistent in getting into the top 10 on days I had time to work him there. But at 40 and on, it seems he almost always has either a Whip or Net, and looses well over 50% of his Pit Fights. (now at level 50, win % = 68.8%) I think he would do about that well in Pit Fights without Entangle, Nets & Whips involved in his use of weapons.