Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Death From Above vs Feint

Among many mistakes I've made with my first premium gladiator is only 2 activated skills;
    Death From Above & Feint, Both at 10.
    Feint activates all the time,
    DFA = almost NEVER.
    I've changed fight strategies, even weapons.
    HELP!!!

Is your fighter a War or Theatrics? DFA and Feint have very different attribute requirements, DFA requires Strength, Stamina and Size while Feint uses Intel and Agility.
    Feint can also activate nearly every 1 or 2 rounds, DFA is about every 3 to 4 rounds when working well. Are your fights going at least 3 or 4 rounds or do they end very quickly which may be the reason you are not seeing DFA activate if his required skills are not very high.
    Do your fighters attributes coincide with the requirements for the skills? Also Intelligence plays a roll in how often activated skills will go off. A not so smart fighter will not use all his skills very much.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

Feint has 1 round of (minimal) cooldown, DFA has 4 or 5, that's why you see it less often. Usually it doesn't make much sense to have both of these skills though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    Usually it doesn't make much sense to have both of these skills though.
    Tell that to Onefortyone...

My Wars that have had both never had a problem having both skills trigger in their fights - so it is effective. The reason it isn't working for your glad can be any number of things...you just have to try to eliminate the possible culprits one at a time to figure out what's up with your glad. My guess is that your glad prefers to activate Feint before Death From Above - and since Feint re-charges nearly every round, it prevents DFA from ever triggering. If so, you'd have to figure out why your glad has that preference and modify your build accordingly. Of course, I could be wrong too, so...
    Last edited by Adoede; 04-14-2015 at 09:37 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Usually =/= always.

Well... you have two options:

i) Re-spec your glad: Figure out which skill lines up better with your overall build and strategy and re-train the other skill. This can be difficult depending on how they fit in and pre-requisites for other skills (minimum train requirement for higher level skills). Most warriors go with DFA since it counts for higher level skill requirements, seems to hit harder / get deflected less often, and although it activates less frequently they aren't attacking as frequently. Feint though is also a good skill since it activates more dependably. Which one works better for you will depend on your main weapon, where your attributes are, and how often you're attacking.

ii) Keep both: As Adoede mentioned, there are warriors out there that are successful in having both activate. I also don't know what makes that difference, but if it doesn't end up working out you can always retire that glad and pick up a new one and count it as a learning experience.
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)

This gladiator is a War, Dunder.
    He has Master of Arms and I have used several weapons and weapon combinations,
    presently using a 2 handed hammer (Masterwork Maul)
    At present Strength (131), Stamina (164) Size (89) ---the skills for DFA.
    For Feint ---Intellect (99) Agility (94)
    Some of has fights are fairly long.
    DFA hasn't activated in at least 30 fights, probably more like 40 to 45.

What is your strategy with the maul? How often does your gladiator attack? If Feint is prioritised it is possible that if you attack every other round Feint is off cooldown and is used instead of DFA.
    I suspect the problem is the number of attacks. Because there is no way DFA doesn't proc if you give it enough chance (unlles it is a bug ofc).
    I have returned once more and it seems I'm here to stay.

Ogornomus - master of Iron Aegis

Active Gladiators: Shiroyama, Iron Daimyo, Rom Ironhide, Ludex Grunreer, Decapitare
    Retired: Sigwald, Haraxur Dervish, Davlan, Black Degron, Facles Secutor, Quickshank, Sindrel Myr, FacelessSecutor, Iron Enforcer, Blackiron Guard, Lionel Oldblood, Elaar Venguard, AceOfBlades, Crueligan, Cyrus Lupercal

Start of Fight Activity Level is 7.
    Other than sometimes not attacking in round one, I can't find any other rounds where he hasn't attacked.

Just my opinion but perhaps drop a little in your stamina and push your Int and Agility up a bit more. Also, if you are running full heavy armour perhaps lighten up a bit to lower his encumbrance. This may increase the number of attacks and likely get you 1 per round if you bump your speed up a notch unless its causing him to fumble or trip over himself. If your still not seeing a DFA even with an attack per round it may just be a bad luck gladiator and time to change up to dual weapon.

Also be sure to try out what I mentioned in my PM to you.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS