Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: k.o again :)

k.o again :)

Ive always hated the K.O skill, its just to random for my liking, but its not that id like to discuss.

Are K.O the only activated skill that can trigger while your on the ground, and whats your thoughts about that.

I for one would ofcourse like it to be like any other activated skill no trigger while on the ground.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

My biggest hate is there is no real counter, Beltank has had Iron Jaw at 10 for over a month, in the past couple of weeks i know he has been KO'ed several times, in fact i had one string of 3 fights where he was KO'ed each fight. The skill really seems to do nothing and is a waste of points (i regret spending the trophies to change to it for sure).
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

@Oedi technically KO isn't an activated but passive skill. I don't think that activated skills won't trigger when knocked down, I'm pretty sure I've been adren rush/rampaged by razael when I've knocked him down :P

@Cyn I don't have hard data, but anecdotally, I do feel that I score noticeably less KOs against wars with points in iron jaw

Edit: I might be mistaken about the activated attacks when knocked down. Knocked down glads do appear to not use activated attacks (what about activated defenses e.g. create distance?). Maybe I mixed it up with hamstring.
    Last edited by Sotc; 04-15-2014 at 06:29 PM.

I've seen a lot less KOs when glads have iron jaw. I also think Urks gets KO'd less as well even though it doesn't list that as a special for the race. Maybe it is lumped in there with stun resist.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

KOs suck, there should be no instant win skills in any game. Random KOs once in every 30-40 battles are OK, the skill is not.

I have not seen any defensive active skill trigger when your fighter is on the ground, not sure about the offensive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by oedi View Post
    Are K.O the only activated skill that can trigger while your on the ground, and whats your thoughts about that.
    Knockout is passive skill...

Passive skills are ON even when gladiator is on the ground.

Activated skills (any) cannot be used while on the ground.
    Last edited by Pit Lord; 04-15-2014 at 10:20 PM.

ok K.O is passive, it just feels very active when it its you

Activated skills (any) cannot be used while on the ground.
    I aswell know for sure that no attacks activate while on ground, only defensive skill ive tracked is never say die, and that will never trigger while on the ground.

My biggest hate is there is no real counter, Beltank has had Iron Jaw at 10 for over a month, in the past couple of weeks i know he has been KO'ed several times, in fact i had one string of 3 fights where he was KO'ed each fight. The skill really seems to do nothing and is a waste of points (i regret spending the trophies to change to it for sure).
    @Cyn I don't have hard data, but anecdotally, I do feel that I score noticeably less KOs against wars with points in iron jaw
    I got some numbers from 2 of my glads one with iron jaw and one without.
    1122 no iron jaw
    numbers from his last 39 losses, only 1122`s initiated fights
    2 ko from war(foxtrot )
    11 ko from theatrics
    2 reg loss from theatrics (yuki, siam)
    1 reg loss war tank (beltank)
    1 reg loss war other (belca)
    22 reg loss for rage
    lady devious 10 points in iron jaw 39 last losses any fight
    2 ko from theatrics
    0 ko from others
    15 reg losses from theatrics
    7 reg losses from war
    15 reg losses from rage

looks to me that like iron jaw does a decent job, but I think K.O`s are overrepresented in 1122 statistic since he not usually loose to theatrics unless they knock him.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

You seem to have better luck then I do with it then Oedi, just this morning 8 fight tokens, 2 of them losses to KO with 10 Iron Jaw.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Has the KO chance been increased? Lately literally every gladiator who has that skills manages to KO my fighters, it's getting quite annoying.

I dislike KO (as the win condition) for both sides, when my gladiators recieve it and when my gladiators do it.

As the skill... In fact, this skill used not for fighting, but only to get win/frag/etc... And i (almost) agree with Kreegan's words: "there should be no instant win skills in any game".
    And as a skill it's looks too ... artificial:
    -- Why is it passive? The problem (as i see) is not only "the gladiator on the ground is able to use passives". But generally: the passive "action" works as an effect on an opponent (and this effect is the condition to win a fight :). Looks like nonsense, sorry.
    -- Why only head as an attack spot (a "humanoid" body has a lot of spots to do knockout with hit to them)?
    -- Why the War-skill-tree has so worthless skill only to defend against KO skill (as a defense from random KO the Iron Jaw much worthless) while the Theatrics-skill-tree (for example) has so usefull skills at same level?
    -- We already have the realistic KO realisation in the game. It is the Stun effect. To be more correct, i can to say: Stun+Prone=Knockout.

// The situation around Knockout vs Iron Jaw reminds me crits %, anti-crits %, anti-anti-crits %, etc. It's a road to the Great Void.
    Last edited by weaw; 03-19-2015 at 04:44 AM.