Off-handed weapons

For quite some time I've been thinking that off-handed weapons universally deal around 50% of the damage which the the main hand weapon is capable of but lately I've been getting the impression that it's not that simple. My "offence is for dummies" War Toros wields two Bastard Swords and he can't be accused of any bonuses to his cutthroating capabilities except the occasional Death from Above and some Extra Damage rank. What's interesting is that while his main hand attacks are decent, his off-hand blows deal 5-7 times less damage. Even against tavern pests in Light armour, that lvl 55 Legendary thing which shows damage values between 400 and nearly 800 deals pathetic hits that range between 50 and 80 damage. That seems weird, the biggest damage reduction for off-hand attacks from something in the A&M family that I've seen is around 50-60%. What are your observations?

Hey Kreegan, I found this curious myself and you reminded me that I found it curious, and being that my 3 current glads are all DW, I did some research on my DW glads, Ben, Rick, and Dan and here's some stats I got for Main/Off-hand gear today:

Ben (DW knuckle-dusters):
    -Against heavy armor:

Off = 26 avg
    Main = 100 avg

-Against light:

Off = 81 avg
    Main = 161 avg

-Against light with injury:

Off = 200 avg
    Main = 400 avg

Rick (DW maces):
    -Against heavy:

Off = 52 avg
    Main = 181 avg

-Against medium:

Off = 66 avg
    Main = 324 avg

Dan (DW exotic scimitars):
    -Against medium:

Fight1:
    Off = 13 avg
    Main = 71 avg

Fight2:
    Off = 22 avg
    Main = 76 avg

Fight3:
    Off = 10 avg
    Main = 60 avg

-Against heavy:

Off = 14 avg
    Main = 76 avg

-Against light:

Off = 33 avg
    Main = 103 avg
    Last edited by FrosteeFyre; 03-07-2015 at 07:34 AM.
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~

So, with Ben against heavy, his off-hand did approx 1/4 of the main-hand dmg, the discrepancy was less noticeable against light, where the off-hand did 1/2 the main-hand dmg.

With Rick against heavy, his off-hand did ~ 1/3 of main-hand dmg, against medium it did only 1/5 of the main-hand dmg however.

With Dan (I averaged his 3 medium-armor fights, main dmg: 69, off dmg: 15) his off did ~ 1/5 of the main-hand dmg, against heavy he did in between 1/5 and 1/6 of main dmg, and against light he did 1/3 of main-hand dmg.

So I see this discrepancy greatest against medium and heavy armor, but there is still a noticeable difference against light armour. I wonder if the huge difference in damage is even remotely accurate? I get that, as a warrior, you'd be more skilled with your main hand, but these glads aren't whimps, they shouldn't only love-tap with their off-hands, I should think I could throw a pretty solid punch with my left hand, as well as my right, and I'm nowhere near ambidextrous. Maybe Nate should increase the damage of off-hand attacks, if the difference between the two is so noticeably huge?
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~