A few drops left in him I guess

I have seen this a more than a few times recently. A gladiator getting the nod of victory after a round ends in which he would have bled out of health points.

Below is an example. Moon Strike has 503 health and a bleed of 284, MIRIAEL SABATHI has 120 health and a bleed of at least 166, the round ends, the next round begins and MIRIAEL SABATHI wins with the enforcer stepping in. This should not even fall into a luck roll being that MIRIAEL SABATHI bleed rate exceeded his health once the round ended. If the enforcer stopped the match before the round ended I could chalk it up to a bad roll or just Moon Strike giving up. But the next round begins and MIRIAEL SABATHI is still standing when mathematically he should not be.

I've been seeing these a bunch lately...any fix on this or just an inaccurate description applied within the correct workings of the game mechanics?

MOON STRIKE looks at the crowd as he races around the battle field.
    MOON STRIKE looks to an off handed strike to deal damage.
    MOON STRIKE uses his WYRMBONE CESTUS to strike furiously at MIRIAEL SABATHI.
    MOON STRIKEMIRIAEL SABATHI
    503/1215
    120/1047
    102/116
    83/97
    Bleeding

Attack Power
    Prone
    prone
    Bleeding

Attack Power

Massive shot to MIRIAEL SABATHI's gut...The grounds keepers are going to have to work hard to clean up this mess! (+86 Damage)
    • Stunned: 1 round
    Bleeding: 30 health per round

R O U N D 4
    MOON STRIKE has several wounds on his body!!!
    MIRIAEL SABATHI looks to strike MOON STRIKE again, however the Enforcer steps in and spares the bested MOON STRIKE!
    The roar of the arena can be heard for miles!

I don't think it's a bug, it's been like that for a very long time. The "surrender" roll seems to take place before the damage calculation at the beginning of the round, hence the result.

But following the logic, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Bleeding damage should be applied at the end of each round, so he would be long gone by the start of new round..

I didn't really payed attention, but I think I noticed it it happened to me once and I was like; Yeah right, F@#% this! And then chilled out when I won next match.
    Holosts Stable.
    And best gladiator so far;
    Bayorn (dunder theatrics)
    Kicking ass in Blood Gods 2 levels behind and undergeared.

Noticeable Retired Glads;
    Kuljem (human theatrics)

Yea... bleed doesn't tend to give me many wins, I tend to have to knock them down to 0 to take them out, bleed helps, but I've lost many a fight with 600 bleed on a 100hp opponent, it's a real pain, I just say the Enforcer is an asshat >_>
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    I don't think it's a bug, it's been like that for a very long time. The "surrender" roll seems to take place before the damage calculation at the beginning of the round, hence the result.
    Perhaps it has, being I was on hiatus for almost 12 months I don't recall seeing this result or at least it happening so often.
    Before I posted I checked through some of my old rants and did not see any posts of me crying about it so I figured it is more modern result.

It's just the rolls. It's been like this since forever, but bleeding is just a much more prominent thing these days.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I don't recall off the top of my head the order in which things take place, however, I wouldn't be surprised if the enforcer check happens before anything else at the start of the round though. When I get some time I'll go back and take a look and maybe change it to have bleeding happen first instead if it isn't already.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

take a look and maybe change it to have bleeding happen first instead if it isn't already.
    I would appreciate that very much.
    After so long time and multiple debates on the topic over the years, Ive come to believe that how it works now is how you wanted it to be.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

When I get some time I'll go back and take a look and maybe change it to have bleeding happen first instead if it isn't already
    I feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I seem to have a smile that won't go away.

I took a quick peek into what is going on here and this is what is happening. At the start of each round the fight engine does an "enforcer check". The quirk you're seeing can happen when both gladiators are in the "enforcer might save you zone". Someone has to be first in that check. So, if you are both eligible to have the enforcer step in on your behalf, it's possible the gladiator who would have bled out (or passed out) is second in that check. I'll make a note to try and add some extra smarts that if the gladiator being checked is first in the queue and would be saved to also check to see if his opponent would have been brought below zero health that round from bleeding.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-