Thread: Surprise Ending

Free Citizen

Surprise Ending

Is surprise ending worth picking up with a bleeding theatrics build?

Generally, Surprise Ending will work with any build. It returns even a greatest hits to an opponent. And even if Your gladiator uses an offensive style.
    But it is relatively rare even with a defensive style. Also, it is completely unpredictable.

Usually, a bleeding theatrics works with a fast weapon, like a claw or dagger. A fast weapons allows to use "active defense": Signature Moves (for a bad opponent's conditions) (1) , Called Shot (for the best crits landing which mean a random negative effects too) (2), Hamstring (for lowering opponent's attack numbers) (3).
    Bleeding build also usually works better using Overhelming Presence (4) (Our gladiator must to attack first to increase the chance of triggering "active defense" before an opponent launched his Rampage bomb :).
    We need to add a Weapon skill (5), Gratuitous Violence (6), Bloody Spectacle (7).
    Armour Movement (8) is a core defensive skill.
    Strength of the Crowd (9) is one of the best theatrics activated skills. It will boost Attack Power and Defense. Also, it lowers damage received from the hit. Sometimes, lowers to 0 (i.e. completely blocks both the hit damage and its effects).

There is only one skill left. And it is not the Surprise Ending, i think, but Feint (preferably) or even Knockout (if we have enough STR). Because they are more effective. If we need some defense boost, it may be the Crowd Pleaser pick.

But:
    1. There are a lot of opinions and a lot of build variations.
    2. The Surprise Ending skill is really funny.
    3. Sometimes it allow to win a fight against more powerful opponents.
    The last reason mean we could to use the Surprise Ending in the Blood Gods bracket until we reach 55 lvl, collect a good gear and then exchange this skill for something more smooth...
    Last edited by weaw; 02-13-2015 at 01:54 AM.

I, personally, would not pick it up on my bleed theatrics, too many good skills to train into in the theatrics tree more specialized for a bleed theatrics (like those highlighted by weaw above) but I would definitely pick it up on a defensive / whip / parry theatrics.

But again, to each their own, it's something I love about PoW, you can develop your own build / style, gradually, so hey, best way to figure it out is test it out yourself and see how you like it
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~