I'm new and utterly confused.

I thought I had sorted out how things work but then something bewildering occured.

I switched from a crafted darksteel boar spear (33-61 damage) with 1.7 attack speed and +8attack power stat mod.

to a epic 59-109 vorpal long spear with +2 to strength agility and chi +1 to int presence and defense. As you can see the base damage is almost twice that of my old weapon yet my actual damage in combat has only gone up maybe 10 points or so. Something feels very wrong here. Previously my 'critical' hits were around 90-93 damage now they're about 100-103.

In comparison my second glad which is a rage, has a 51-86 battleaxe and crits well into the 190-200 range. What's going on here?

stat wise they're both at weapon mastery 6 for their respective weapons, and base stats are similar (all stats are 70 or higher) there's only a 3 point difference in strength between them in the rage's favor(76 vs 73) I sincerely doubt those 3 points make up the almost 100 point difference in damage dealt. So what am I missing?