Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Additional Blood Gods Fight

I've been in touch with many of the Pit Masters in the Blood Gods bracket getting their feedback (thanks to everyone who offered it, I appreciate it) and based on their feedback I'll be slowly rolling out some new features. The first new feature will be the addition of another fight per day. Blood God fights will happen twice a day, once at 2pm PST and again at 2am PST. In order to keep the math right for the ratings since this will be happening mid season, each gladiator's record will be doubled when the change happens. So for example if a gladiator's record was 4-3-1 it will become 8-6-2 but his rating and rank will remain unchanged along with the rest of the gladiators. I'll make another announcement when this goes live.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Awesome news
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I like the current format too, but two fights a day would be equally fun.

Any chance you just have all glads fight 8 times in this next round to catch up instead of just doubling the records? It'd be fun to see eight fights at once for old times sake...and for training points.

* - BTW, I like how you solve the complaint about the slow pace of experience gain and accumulation of training points in blood gods with this one simple adjustment too. Props.
    Last edited by Adoede; 02-09-2015 at 11:01 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Still slowish and automated, with one more fight to enjoy. The change is really appreciated.

Training Dummy
    Great to hear Nate.. My biggest complaint in Blood Gods is the lack of things to do and the pace of leveling. Any chance we can get the experience for the doubled fights..

Still slowish and automated,
    biggest complaint in Blood Gods is the lack of things to do
    You guys are saying this as if it was a bad thing, Ive been dreaming of this for several years
    an extra fight is cool as long as i dont need to do any more clicking.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Still slowish and automated,
    You guys are saying this as if it was a bad thing, Ive been dreaming of this for several years
    an extra fight is cool as long as i dont need to do any more clicking.
    Exactly my opinion, I'm happy because of what you wrote. Nothing ground-breaking has changed since the very welcomed new BG format.
    And one more fight makes it more even and less dependent on "luck" in my opinion.

Excellent change! With it, the Blood Gods bracket will probably become just what it is meant to be.

So we already have the two fights per day but the record is unchanged. Is that intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    So we already have the two fights per day but the record is unchanged. Is that intentional?
    No, there was a unintended false start.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-