What does it take to get a "KILL"

In an Arena Fight the opponent of one of my characters began with 480/480 & 68/68 stats.
    My character's first blow hit for +528 Damage; my next blow was blocked by the Enforcer!
    At (-48) why wasn't my opponent dead on the first hit?

I don't think anyone has figured out the actual formula (asides from Nate, of course), but in addition to the amount of damage, it has been suggested the chance to get a kill is related to: how high your presence is, how low your opponent's presence is (determines whether the enforcer stops the match in time), a hidden kill rank, and hidden life rank, your fight strategy, chi, luck, and class. I'm not sure if I've missed anything, or if all of these play in, but there is more to it than just getting to negative health points.
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)

Amount of damage doesnt matter.

You need to reduce your opponent to 0hp, and then there is a chance roll for a kill. It is dependant on the difference in presence between the 2 gladiators, kill rank, and skills.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!