Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet Bug

Gauntlet Bug

Gauntlet bug.jpg
    Hey Nate, as you can see here my PoW stopped loading in the middle of a gauntlet and so I refreshed the page, it displayed the screen shown in the image, I click "Fight" repeatedly (this is about 10min later) and it refuses to put me back in the gauntlet, any idea what's causing this? Never seen it happen before, perhaps the update yesterday did something to the gauntlet? I couldn't get it to put me back into the fight (I was winning) and was forced to reset my gauntlet :/
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~

I'm having the same issue as well. It seems to happen on hard mode for me on my two Primus glads - haven't noticed it on the easier modes yet.
    Last edited by Stormcloak; 01-24-2015 at 07:49 AM.
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)

Thanks for the reply Stormcloak, good to know it's not just me encountering that issue!
    ~Frostee~

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

It's also sometimes taking the energy and acting like the companion has been already selected without actually going through a stage.
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)

Ugh, happening again, Ben can't even complete any Gauntlets because he is stuck at the "click Fight to go back into the Gauntlet" please take a look at this Nate, the one day this week I had time to farm some squids and I literally can't because you get stuck at the screen (despite refreshing the page, switching tabs, hell- I even relogged, to no avail). It doesn't seem like something I can get around on my end, I suppose you're busy with S & M updates, but this is really hindering my experience of the game, there was some nice equipment in my Street Games I wanted to try for today, but without the ability to farm squids that option seems out of the question, truly unfortunate.
    ~Frostee~

Hi Frostee,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Unfortunately, I've been unable to reproduce the problems you are reporting. I'll keep looking into it though. You can help by providing as much detail as possible the next time you see it or from what you remember. Information such as the gladiator in question, the time of day it occurs, difficulty level, time spent on the gauntlet, time remaining on the timers, etc. Screen shots like you took are also helpful as are any sort of "routine" or patterns that you do or notice when this occurs. Are you doing other activities in the meantime like tavern runs, pit fights, conquests, and so on.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate, if it helps you out...

I have the problem with both Lachdanan and Kresjack (both in Primus, was happening to Kresjack while in Maximus too). I run them on Hard difficulty and the problem occurs maybe 30-50% of the time (I haven't had as much spare time the past two weeks, so it's hard to gauge accurately). It does not happen to my two lower level glads who run it on the normal difficulty.
    The problem is exactly like Frostee describes - you click to fight another match in a stage and it backs out to the main screen. You click the fight button, and it does highlight, but it doesn't do anything.
    I haven't noticed any patterns, but will keep an eye out. I tend to try and run the gauntlet at once with 50 energy (and then wait for a companion or two to refresh in 40 minutes or however long it takes) - the problem seems to occur at any point during it. It seems like it might occur at busier times of the day, but I can't say for certain.
    I have noticed though, when it's on the third match, sometimes it will let you get into the last fight.
    The problem occurs on both Chrome (laptop) and Safari (Ipad) for me. There's also the note, above, about how it sometimes takes the energy and "blacks out" a companion without actually doing the fight (or advancing a stage). I've also tried closing/logging in and it doesn't help.
    I hope this helps,

It just happened to Kresjack right now.
    I noticed it was when I selected Venom Demon (near the bottom of the dropdown) when the rest of his stable wasn't available as an option. Perhaps that might be related to the issue? (companion timing out or something like that?)

I can confirm with Storm that so far I have only seen it on my (Primus) glad Benevolent Ben and it has happened 2 / 3 times I have started a Gauntlet run this week (1 / 2 hard-modes I ran, and 1 / 1 normal-modes I ran) sorry, I'd do more test runs to try to give you more info, but I am just so pressed for time with uni I can't until later in the season.
    ~Frostee~

It appears these issues may have started when the Shadow gladiators were introduced. I've since turned off the ability for NPC Shadow gladiators in conquests and in the Gauntlet to see if that is the case. If you see the same issue again please let me know.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-