Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks Cynaidh. I'm a ways away from being able to experiment with it, but I have a suspicion that it might be like a permanent "Entangle" effect on the opposing glad. That means - faster stamina drain, reduced initiative, and overall reduction in combat effectiveness. Does that seem to jive with what you've seen it do?
    Adoede | Tevrosin

That's what i was hoping it was going to do too, all those things you listed.

But i've seen no evidence that it has any passive stamina drain at all. As for reduced Initiative, rages still get the jump on my shadow who has it (also the glad has the increased initiative skill) so i am not sure if it does that either, honestly i haven't seen that it does anything at all.

These type of skills where its a guess as to what they do are aggravating to me, it seems silly to have to try and evaluate a skill without even knowing what its supposed to be doing. All I can say so far is that as a top tier skill, i wouldn't take this since shadow form seemed to make a noticeable damage increase after taking it.
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 04-01-2015 at 04:14 AM.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Wow Cyn... Drayn knocked Agravaine down 68/130 endurance in the first round! The spectral touch alone knocked off 47 points, but comparing to a few other fights it looks like Agravaine chewed up more endurance with the first two blows exchanged (4 pts on strategy 1, 11 points on strategy 3, compared to 2 and 6 which looks normal in other cases)
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)

And I can vouch that Chilling Aura reduces the number of opponent attacks significantly too. Maybe the opponent still gets the first strike, but their overall number of attacks is decreased. So that confirms Chilling Aura reduces opponents attacks and nearly doubles their endurance usage per attack. No real way to confirm if it also reduces their combat effectiveness, but just those two effects seem potentially useful. I wonder how it would fare in a build that maximized Int, Pres, Chi? If I find a suitable glad, I'll give that monstrosity a try
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    I wonder how it would fare in a build that maximized Int, Pres, Chi? If I find a suitable glad, I'll give that monstrosity a try
    Thats what Drayn is, 100 int, 92 pres, 91 chi - after stat trains he is almost fully trained now only a couple of points in str left

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    nearly doubles their endurance usage per attack.
    Yup i have seen this also opponents spending 10-12 endurance for an attack rather then the normal amount, it doesn't seem to happen every attack though, they still get attacks at the normal cost too. I am wondering if it has something to do with their current endurance level it seems the higher drains 11 and 12 happen at the start of a fight when they are full, and towards the end it drops to 3-4 per attack. That was vs a Warrior, the next fight vs a speed rage there was no effect at all it seems on his endurance cost, every attack the speed rage made cost him 2-4 endurance.... the rage made 7 attacks and was 72/94 (he was also hit twice by drayn). And 7 attacks with 2 rapiers seems like a normal amount in fact he was on the ground after the first attack, so 1 normal attack, then 6 attacks from the ground (drayn was not stunned either).
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 04-02-2015 at 06:45 AM.

Have you noticed any more if there's a trend between endurance drain against the different classes?
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)

Honestly, i'm debating on making Val try a 5/5 on Tier 6 skills i'm curious... Unless the Shadow Form Advantage is OP?

Ok, I must comment on this. I find stamina drain on shadows stupidly powerful. Seriously, shadows are loaded with total damage mitigation skills like Uncany Dodge and Riposte, all the while they only have to Spectral Touch you two times. I feel that anything not a full offensive rage has no chance against them. Because it looks like percentage based stamina drain to me, nothing realy matters agains them (like health or how much stamina you stacked).

Maybe I just see the differnece between a well equipped HoL shadow gladiator and my non HoL slaves with ok equipment. Most of my gladiators struggle to hit them while they get their stamina drained.

I know this thread is about shadow skill and strenght, but what is the counter to them (the stamina drain ones)?
    I have returned once more and it seems I'm here to stay.

Ogornomus - master of Iron Aegis

Active Gladiators: Shiroyama, Iron Daimyo, Rom Ironhide, Ludex Grunreer, Decapitare
    Retired: Sigwald, Haraxur Dervish, Davlan, Black Degron, Facles Secutor, Quickshank, Sindrel Myr, FacelessSecutor, Iron Enforcer, Blackiron Guard, Lionel Oldblood, Elaar Venguard, AceOfBlades, Crueligan, Cyrus Lupercal

Quote Originally Posted by Ogornomus View Post
    I know this thread is about shadow skill and strenght, but what is the counter to them (the stamina drain ones)?
    Anything fast really, speed rages and speed theatrics, and power hitting 2h users are their direct counter i would say. Be interesting to see what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    Anything fast really, speed rages and speed theatrics, and power hitting 2h users are their direct counter i would say. Be interesting to see what others think.
    I would have to say i agree. Cyn what do you think about splitting the tier 6 skills? 5/5? I have a feeling Iron posted after Faceless ran into Val.