Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    First of all nice to see a lot of older manager's playing. Hope everyone is doing well.

I have been really enjoying the learning this new specialty, been doing a lot of tinkering with Shadow Dance and Whirlwind every time I think I have some of it figured out my theory gets BLOWN UP!!! but that is part of the fun. Of course I have been mulling over skill builds everyday. One thing I have been seeing is out of my 2 shadow glads, one triggers spectral touch a lot while the other rarely does it, even when I set their strategies the same and both are level 10. My more advanced glad also recently got Uncanny Dodge and it is up to level 9 and.....it has never triggered ( I assume it triggers since it is an activated move).

As for the Meta game itself, these glads are gonna definitely change the strategy of War Tank glads, as they drain them very quickly. Another aspect is Spites might make a huge comeback in usage. Last year it seemed like every glad was an Elaar. Also I see a big use in Snivlers with the shadow race as well. I would not be surprised to see folks using Urks in theatrics and wars for the added endurance. Bottom line it seems like a lot of the older managers are having a lot of fun again learning.

Last for Nate,
    When are you gonna start teasing us with the next specialty

Crow
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

Hey Crow its been a long time!

I also didn't see it trigger much till i got 10 points into Uncanny Dodge, I also though Riposte was broken, i saw it proc 1 time from 1 point in it to 9 and then soon as i got the 10th point into it I started seeing it every fight. So for me at least they both didn't do much, if anything, till i had 10 points in them.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

And Drayn finished his skill training, still not sure what chilling aura is doing... haven't really noticed that big of a difference from before having it and after.

After doing these two I decided i want to do a 3rd shadow as a kinda hybrid build of the two. So new slave getting started today who is going to have Shadow Form i think as his end skill but run Spectral touch, not sure which skill i will drop yet, perhaps the one that makes you target injuries (i am still not sold its that useful especially end game where i would imagine a lot of managers are using auto-heal).

Last edited by Cynaidh; 03-05-2015 at 03:17 AM.

Cyn - you're making me jealous!
    This speciality seems to be quite potent, at least in my encounters against it - it seems like it combines speed with the ability to hit the tanks pretty hard with the endurance drain (like it's somewhere in the middle of speed/power in the triangle?) Has any particular build been troubling for it? I'm looking forward to seeing how Zyn does once he gets into the Blood Gods.
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)

That is a mighty fine prospect you've got there...579 stat points...making him the 2nd best I've ever seen (after Ahhnold's 591). Seeing as how you've got several tremendous prospects in the shadow form and they are the most advanced of their kin, I think it is appropriate to grant you the early title of "shadow master". Looking forward to reading your shadow guide once you've decided to take ownership of that title
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
    Cyn - you're making me jealous!
    This speciality seems to be quite potent, at least in my encounters against it - it seems like it combines speed with the ability to hit the tanks pretty hard with the endurance drain (like it's somewhere in the middle of speed/power in the triangle?) Has any particular build been troubling for it? I'm looking forward to seeing how Zyn does once he gets into the Blood Gods.
    I'd say their weak point is speed glads either rage or theatrics, anything that can get 2 or more attacks per round then they do, those fights seem to be where I have seen the most losses. Heavy hitting 2-handed warriors can beat them easily leveling up but once you get uncanny dodge and riposte if one of those skills goes off a single time they that generally means its a win vs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    That is a mighty fine prospect you've got there...579 stat points...making him the 2nd best I've ever seen (after Ahhnold's 591). Seeing as how you've got several tremendous prospects in the shadow form and they are the most advanced of their kin, I think it is appropriate to grant you the early title of "shadow master". Looking forward to reading your shadow guide once you've decided to take ownership of that title
    I'm still along way away from writing a guide. Too many questions still on this class, biggest one for me this week is figuring out what Chilling Aura actually does, so far I haven't really noticed any difference since picking it up on Drayn. I was hoping it was going to be a passive endurance drain but it doesn't seem to do that (up against a tank for 3 rounds his endurance didn't move, only moved on spectral touch hits) and it doesn't seem to slow down the speed rages that pound on him, honestly at this point i have no idea what it does.

I am hoping Nate can shine some light on Chilling Aura, i was going to take it on Val once he got high enough but now i'm not even sure i want to take it. Maybe it's a bug?

Sure, I shed some light on this! I strongly recommend you carefully examine your fights and then compare and contrast your opponent's fights against other gladiators and see what you can find! If you are waiting for your opponent to turn into an ice sculpture and shatter upon impact you'll want to stop looking for that! Although that would be pretty cool!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Sure, I shed some light on this! I strongly recommend you carefully examine your fights and then compare and contrast your opponent's fights against other gladiators and see what you can find! If you are waiting for your opponent to turn into an ice sculpture and shatter upon impact you'll want to stop looking for that! Although that would be pretty cool!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-
    Ya, even picked up the scribe this weekend to do this.... still haven't figured it out.

Things i am "thinking" that it maybe does:

Makes Spectral Touch drain more - have noticed some 50+ drain hits lately and i don't remember them being that high before having the skill leveled (i am really hoping this isn't what it does, buffing a skill that can only go off 1 time per round seems blah)

Maybe it makes opponents attack less per round, no really data on this just seems like this might be happening based on how many times glads are attacking him.

Besides those two, haven't noticed anything else.