Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Initial thoughts...

Ok this looks like a fun class, seems to have a bit of everything offense and defense with some nice unique stuff.

First looks like a great class for a high Agil/Int/Chi slave the skills break down for stat usage as (not counting weapon skills):

Str 2
    Int 8
    Agil 10
    Stam 3
    Size 1
    Pres 3
    Chi 10

So ya loks like Agil/Chi/Int is the way to go, i'd personally focus on agil and int the most when picking a slave as chi seem very easy to raise on gear.

The first slave i ran into that fits this somewhat was 69-93-98-82-66-71-69, it has the high Agil and Int, i do wish chi was higher but what can ya do Also i am not so worried about size on this toon as there is only 1 skill using it and they only wear light armor.

As for skills..... i want them all! Seriously i dont see a skill on here that looks not useful

As for the skills i'll go with on this first guy I think i am going to go:

10 Exotic (why not! makes him more different then my speed rages)
    10 Keen Eye (auto aim at injuries, yes pls!)
    10 Sixth Sense (lower opponents defense)
    10 Weapon Finesse (increase your attack and defense)
    10 Armour Movement (get it on all glads normally and i want this guy to be fast)
    10 Dual Strike (two attacks instead of one, again yes pls!)
    10 Blazing Speed (more attacks!)
    10 Uncanny Dodge (dodge attacks, sure why not)
    10 Riposte (parry and counter attack, oh ya)
    10 Shadow Form (no idea what this does but come on got to have it)

Skills not taking:
    Unnatural Agility (Less knockdowns, weapon drops, ensnared) - Honestly i want this skill i just cant figure out what to drop, if something appears to be under preforming from the above list, this will probably go in
    Spectral Touch (endurance drain on hit) - this looks like it would go well with the other end ability Chilling Aura, i might have to make a 2nd shadow to try that combo out
    Entangle (net and whip stuff) - dont plan on using net's or whips
    Chilling Aura (looks like an endurance drain?) - again would like to try it with spectral touch, just not on this first shadow

Big questions for me:

What is the shadows special Fighting Style and what level will it unlock?
    Whats the damage going to be like with all those skills?
    How much defense will uncanny dodge and riposte be if running offensive?
    So many good sounding skills how to pick the right ones?

Side note:
    Of course i forgot to set up his fight strategy for his first fight so he went ahead and got that first loss out of the way straight out of the gate *facepalm* but he is on a win streak now!

What is everyone else thinking of this class? I am still up in the air as to what it will be, i am almost looking at it as a more offensive theatrics so far... not really sure yet.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Light armour only?

yup he is that *Specialty Restriction in the armory, cant wear med or heavy

I picked up 3 common non HOL slaves with one of my lesser stables so none of them are of supreme breeding. I think it will be a good learning tool during the early roll out to really see where the true strengths and weaknesses are for the skill tree.
    They are pretty much even across the board attribute wise. Two will be skilled opposite of each other and the 3rd will be built to split the skills and share a few of each of the other 2.

I've met up with Zynaith and the outcome was expected being overmatched with your full purple gear and + 100 attributes but I think running common slaves will give me a better feel for their strength and weakness against opponents of equal attributes opposed to running through lesser quality slaves with a HOF which is far superior to the majority of the slaves fighting from fresh meat up through Maximus.

At first I came up with a build quite similar to yours Cyn, but now I'm maybe more interested in building something around Spectral Touch, Entangle and Chilling Aura running more defensive. Well, I'd need to retire another glad to make room for an additional Shadow. Like for the other specialties, at first glance every skill looks very interesting and promising, so I'm still unsure where to go.
    As for now I'm rushing through Conquests trying to unlock the first special fighting style, IIRC it happens at level 18 for the other specialties.
    I'm really curious about how the skills really work, if they do what I think they do, how they act running different fighting styles and strategies, fighting against different fighting styles and strategies... It's exciting to rely on these (cryptic) descriptions and exploring something new and untried.
    Last edited by Rhinocervs; 01-22-2015 at 03:49 AM.

I have 2 new glads to test things with. Thankfully being able to retrain them means that decent glads wont go totally to waste. That always sucked back in the day.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Kaos View Post
    I picked up 3 common non HOL slaves with one of my lesser stables so none of them are of supreme breeding. I think it will be a good learning tool during the early roll out to really see where the true strengths and weaknesses are for the skill tree.
    They are pretty much even across the board attribute wise. Two will be skilled opposite of each other and the 3rd will be built to split the skills and share a few of each of the other 2.

I've met up with Zynaith and the outcome was expected being overmatched with your full purple gear and + 100 attributes but I think running common slaves will give me a better feel for their strength and weakness against opponents of equal attributes opposed to running through lesser quality slaves with a HOF which is far superior to the majority of the slaves fighting from fresh meat up through Maximus.
    Looking forward to reading how you feel about the class once we get some levels on them Kaos! Ya i went ahead and followed the gearing plan i have used on my last 5+ HoL slaves, new full sets of purple gear at 5,10,20,30,40,50 I want to be able to compare his progress directly with the last slaves I leveled up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinocervs View Post
    At first I came up with a build quite similar to yours Cyn, but now I'm maybe more interested in building something around Spectral Touch, Entangle and Chilling Aura running more defensive. Well, I'd need to retire another glad to make room for an additional Shadow. Like for the other specialties, at first glance every skill looks very interesting and promising, so I'm still unsure where to go.
    As for now I'm rushing through Conquests trying to unlock the first special fighting style, IIRC it happens at level 18 for the other specialties.
    I'm really curious about how the skills really work, if they do what I think they do, how they act running different fighting styles and strategies, fighting against different fighting styles and strategies... It's exciting to rely on these (cryptic) descriptions and exploring something new and untried.
    Yup I want to try the other skills too! Waiting on a 2nd slave to pop up that peaks my interest for doing a build focused on the endurance draining skills! And you get experience from running conquests??? I never knew that

Ahh the first fighting style unlocks at level 13... Shadow Dance

The flavor text on it is "Dance around and keep him swinging where you used to be and attack from where you weren't!"

Ooooh, this class looks VERY interesting, can't wait for the public (aka affordable XD) release, until then I shall sit here and be jealous of all you people who can afford the Shadow class currently :P
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~