Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Sure, I shed some light on this! I strongly recommend you carefully examine your fights and then compare and contrast your opponent's fights against other gladiators and see what you can find! If you are waiting for your opponent to turn into an ice sculpture and shatter upon impact you'll want to stop looking for that! Although that would be pretty cool!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-
    Nate you tease, guess it will take some more time to figure out. My shadow is not yet high enough to take it and im still on the fence about it after reading what Cyn said lol

Cyn, Side note - Keen Eye works well for me esp if Val gets a hit in and causes a serious injury he will target it 90% of the time
    Last edited by Zel; 03-09-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Last for Nate,
    When are you gonna start teasing us with the next specialty
    Sooner than later!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    Ya, even picked up the scribe this weekend to do this.... still haven't figured it out.

Things i am "thinking" that it maybe does:

Makes Spectral Touch drain more - have noticed some 50+ drain hits lately and i don't remember them being that high before having the skill leveled (i am really hoping this isn't what it does, buffing a skill that can only go off 1 time per round seems blah)

Maybe it makes opponents attack less per round, no really data on this just seems like this might be happening based on how many times glads are attacking him.

Besides those two, haven't noticed anything else.
    The scientific method is your friend.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate you tease, guess it will take some more time to figure out. My shadow is not yet high enough to take it and im still on the fence about it after reading what Cyn said lol
    Be careful about letting another manager's experience guide your decisions, even a very competent one like Cyn. Everyone has different management styles and each gladiator has different strategies and builds. Add to that different matchups and you are dealing with a huge data set much different from what you will see. Have fun and entertain the crowd!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Gratz to Zyn on making it to BG!

Hey Cyn, I've got a few questions for you about your advanced shadow glads:

1) How often does your Spectral Touch trigger? Most I've seen is once every 5 rounds.
    2) How often does lvl 10 Uncanny Dodge and Riposte trigger? Once every other round max I assume?
    3) Does Shadow Form basically negate armor - are you able to hit tanks through their heavy armor well?

Thanks
    Last edited by Adoede; 03-12-2015 at 10:03 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    Hey Cyn, I've got a few questions for you about your advanced shadow glads:

1) How often does your Spectral Touch trigger? Most I've seen is once every 5 rounds.
    2) How often does lvl 10 Uncanny Dodge and Riposte trigger? Once every other round max I assume?
    3) Does Shadow Form basically negate armor - are you able to hit tanks through their heavy armor well?

Thanks
    1) Looking at Drayn's last few fights, listing what round Spectral Touch fired and then how the fight ended:
    First Fight: Round 2, Round 8, won by exhaustion
    Second Fight: Round 4, won by damage
    Third Fight: (didn't fire, 8 round fight) won by exhaustion, what?
    Fourth Fight: Round 11, won by exhaustion
    Fifth Fight: Round 2, lost by damage
    Sixth Fight: Round 1, won by damage
    Seventh Fight: (didn't fire, 4 round fight) won by damage
    Eighth Fight: Round 3, won by exhaustion
    Ninth Fight: (didn't fire, 7 round fight) lost by damage
    Tenth Fight: Round 1, won by exhaustion
    about 16 fights back: Round 2, Round 7, won by damage

So it can fire every 5, but it doesnt even fire off twice that often, and suprisingly is a lot of fights where it never fires at all, I looked at these fights with "blow by blow details" checked to make sure there wasn't any parried or anything like that

2) Will Look at Zynaiths for these:
    First Fight: Round 1 Riposte, won on round 2 by damage
    Second Fight: Round 1 Riposte, won on round 1 by damage
    Third Fight: (didn't fire) won on round 2 by damage
    Fourth Fight: Round 1 Riposte, won on round 2 by damage
    Fifth Fight: (didn't fire) won on round 6 by damage (vs polearm warrior)
    Sixth Fight: Round 2 Riposte, won on round 4 by damage
    Seventh Fight: (didn't fire) won on round 3 by damage (vs polearm warrior)
    Eighth Fight: (didn't fire) won on round 2 by damage
    Ninth Fight: Round 1 Riposte, won on round 4 by damage
    Tenth Fight: (didn't fire) won on round 2 by damage
    Fight with 2 Ripostes: round 1 and 5

In the past 25 fights he has not had a single uncanny dodge.... Looking at Drayn he has 1 uncanny dodge in the past 10 fights.... Hmm that seems not so great of a skill looking at it now.

3) It raised his damage a lot I believe, with a level 51 trident and 50 cestus (both legendary) i am seeing the trident hit for 400-600 and the cestus in the 200-350 range vs plate armor, non-injury hits. Injury hits i have seen up to 1800 with the trident.
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 03-13-2015 at 04:03 AM.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Uncanny Dodge will only trigger when your opponent uses an offensive skill. That means you'll rarely see it against defensive oriented glads and if you aren't also fighting defensively it won't trigger as much as it is also a defensive skill. My Shadow glad triggers it enough to where I feel it is useful, especially when dodging a Rampage. If your Shadow build is mostly offensive you can probably skip it. If you plan on being both or mostly defensive I'd take it.

Spectral Touch is most dangerous against tanks who stand around the majority of the time as the rounds come and go really fast when nothing is happening. If my shadow glad gets in 3 he wins which isn't hard to do again a tank. We'll have to see what happens in blood gods where it looks like all the tanks are starting to load up on block rank at the moment. Against a speed glad you'll get one in per fight which won't win it for you but it may cause him to slow down or switch strategies earlier than usual.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 03-13-2015 at 11:52 AM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Hey Cynaidh, thanks for the detailed response. That confirms what I've been noticing.

Something else I've observed that might be interesting:
    Spectral touch without Chilling Aura = ~28% - 30% drain per hit.
    Spectral touch with Chilling Aura = ~30% - 35% drain per hit.
    Not much of a difference if you ask me.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Just want to throw my 2 cents on the shadow skills. I have uncanny dodge and riposte on one of my glads and either of these skills rarely go off. And Riposte does not do much except block the incoming strike, the return counter strike does not occur most of the time. I have ran with several different strategies to see if a particular fighting style helps them trigger more, but nothing looks any different.

So for my other 2 shadow builds I am ignoring those 2 skills all together. Another thing to note, I don't have chilling aura but I do have shadow form and I have seen a good jump in damage per strike with it from my glad that has it.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.