Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Event Trigger logical operations and the Fight Strategy screen

1. I think, It would be fine to add a logical operations for Event Triggers, like ~, &, |, ^.
    At first, this way allows to use one strategy line for a different opponents behavior.
    At second, it allows to do a more precise strategy settings.
    I guess, AND and OR will be enough (even without NOT and XOR).

2. How to build an user interface?
    In fact, the Fight Strategy screen is not so user-friendly now (While the Strategy is one of main parts of the game for a top brackets).
    I mean here, with these drop-down-lists the POW looks like a "bad indie" in that part. And it makes the POW not so attractive for a new players seeing it for the first few minutes of the game.
    So, this screen may be changed even without adding a new features like logical operations.
    It may be a good way to use Drag-n-Drop (or just Click on a picture) to construct an Event Trigger (using some logical operations pictures or without). Same way will works for a fighting styles and for a spots to attack and defend.
    Then, when a line complete, there may be a button to add this line to the strategy list.
    // By the way, i see no reasons why we can't create a strategy lines with an equal priority.

And. When i trying to change any strategy preset and then save it, it saved as "*Custom*". Is it a bug or not?
    Last edited by weaw; 01-18-2015 at 02:38 PM.