View Poll Results: Are they any good?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are.

6 100.00%
  • No, they aren't.

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Well, interesting thread; I'm no pro but I'd like to chip in with my experiences.

Imo surprise ending is useless against defensive wars although immense fun to see it trigger against other specialities. Knockout may prove effective against defensive non-Urk non-IronJaw wars. Feint may prove useful with slow, high-damage weapons. Game mechanics may change if balancing is required; I'm sure Nate keeps doing his statistical analysis. In the past the Theatrics could easily bleed out a war; also they had a Second Wind skill which refilled stamina. Today it may be difficult for them to face a defensive war but that's the fun.

I wish sotc was here to share his experiences too.
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 12-01-2015 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarion199 View Post
    In the past the Theatrics could easily bleed out a war;
    I'm afraid, this will not happen. We have some sort of specialities triangle in the Arms & Armour school: Rages are good vs Wars, Wars are good vs Theatrics, Theatrics are good vs Rages. There is no reason to break this pattern with own hands. Also, bleeding has some sort of inflation now. Because the Blood Bath skill adds few hundreds of bleeding with just one hit. This could lead to protection from bleeding rather than to increased bleeding.

I think, there is no problem like "Theatric vs War", but there is the problem with Tank fighting style: This style has no vulnerabilities by itself.
    There are only four win/lose methods:
    1. Drop health to 0;
    2. Drop endurance to 0;
    3. Fail a dice check at low health;
    4. Knockout.
    And the Tank style has not a vulnerability to any of these four. While Berserk style , for example, is the method to drop opponent's health by loosing Rage's endurance very fast.
    Last edited by weaw; 12-01-2015 at 11:49 PM.