Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are.

6 100.00%
  • No, they aren't.

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    Not to hijack this thread, but I'm curious what benefits and weaknesses you saw with your glad at 180 int and why you think it is useless.
    None. That Einstein still had situation when he would pick the wrong weapon from the ground, still wouldn't always use his skills at the appropriate time (I would expect at least to trigger one of them in the first round 100% of the time) and his overall fighting competency didn't seem to improve noticeably compared to the twice dumber gladiators in my stable.

@weaw, you can also consider Bloody Spectacle - that's extra Attack Power and bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    @weaw, you can also consider Bloody Spectacle - that's extra Attack Power and bleeding.
    Yes. Thanks for advice. I'll try it again. But not right now. I have a young Theatrics. His size is 94. He has good Str, Prs and Agi too. I think, Bloody Spectacle can be a good "defensive" option for him. But before i'll try to use Death from Above + War Cry and, perhaps, Adrenaline Rush.
    Last edited by weaw; 01-19-2015 at 07:27 AM.

Lots of interesting posts, thank you all.
    I do have few more questions related to topic.

What would be better; gv or harmstring? And would it be ok to have both at lvl 5?

Next, i think feint is a smaller version of dfa, and they both hit harder, even against tanks, am i right?

Also, anybody tried iron jaw with dunder?
    And what would you suggest iron jaw or grim?
    (for defensive theatric ofc)

Thanks all.
    Holosts Stable.
    And best gladiator so far;
    Bayorn (dunder theatrics)
    Kicking ass in Blood Gods 2 levels behind and undergeared.

Noticeable Retired Glads;
    Kuljem (human theatrics)

Most skills aren't incredibly efficient below level 8. If you plan to use Blades or Exotics, you need both Gratuitous Violence and Hamstring at level 10 - there's no reason why you wouldn't pick these skills, they are both very good.

Feint isn't exactly like Death from Above. It works quite well against defense-stacking fighters but isn't very good against armour. Death from Above penetrates defenses quite well too but can also punch through armour nicely if the gladiator is big enough. Feint triggers more often though and possibly has higher Attack Power bonus.

I'd say avoid Iron Jaw on any build, you'll probably be disappointed. Grim Determination is a good choice for a defensive gladiator but will eat skill points which you may need if you want to go to the bottom of the Theatrics tree. If you're aiming at a hybrid, it's at least worth trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by weaw View Post
    The right words, but too general...
    What to do with the specific question: How to defeat a War using shield?
    The right answer in my opinion is: nohow.

I see only three ways for Theatrics vs War: Bleeding, Knockout and, perhaps, Entangle with a net. Any of these ways excludes a shield usage ...
    Hi weaw. What is you stable? If you dont like to put on the forums you can pm me. My stable is crowdpleasers. You won't beat the defensive war if you use shield. Simply trow your shield for this fight and try to bleed the defensive war. You will need a lot of stamina to do it.
    Last edited by Pit Lord; 03-22-2015 at 07:47 AM.

Why does Strenght of the Crowd activates almost always while Surprise Ending rarely?
    I use defensive strategy and even boost more chi (for SE) then str (for sotc) and still. Sotc activates in every match, but SE rarely. Sometimes in 2-3 matches in a row, then dissapears for few matches. Sometimes it activates 2 times in same match..

I really don't know how to make it activate more, can anyone make suggestion? Thanks.
    Holosts Stable.
    And best gladiator so far;
    Bayorn (dunder theatrics)
    Kicking ass in Blood Gods 2 levels behind and undergeared.

Noticeable Retired Glads;
    Kuljem (human theatrics)

SotC activates more reliably because it gives a little bonus. So it has to be reliable. SE activates rarely because it can turn around matches easily. It's strenght is compensated by its unreliable nature. Also it wouldn't be a surprise if it'd proc regularly

Basicly skills have a different chance to prock. SotC goes of reliable even on offensive builds.
    I have returned once more and it seems I'm here to stay.

Ogornomus - master of Iron Aegis

Active Gladiators: Shiroyama, Iron Daimyo, Rom Ironhide, Ludex Grunreer, Decapitare
    Retired: Sigwald, Haraxur Dervish, Davlan, Black Degron, Facles Secutor, Quickshank, Sindrel Myr, FacelessSecutor, Iron Enforcer, Blackiron Guard, Lionel Oldblood, Elaar Venguard, AceOfBlades, Crueligan, Cyrus Lupercal

Surprise Ending could be really devastating, ask all those Rages who got their Rampages back in their faces. You can see it 10 times in 4-5 matches, you can see it once in 10 matches, it depends on the RNG rolls. The skill probably has some fixed minimal chance to trigger on every attach of the opponent + a few extra percent from the attributes where the chance also varies depending on the fighting style (works more often with defensive styles) and there is 1 round of "cooldown". It's not a skill to completely rely on for the performance of your fighter but it can certainly win you some close or nearly impossible fights. And it's hell of a fun to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    It's not a skill to completely rely on for the performance of your fighter but it can certainly win you some close or nearly impossible fights. And it's hell of a fun to use.
    It's not so funny, in my opinion. Theatrics looks ok [,but only] statistically. Having two powerful, but unpredictable skills at 4th tier. So, these skills describes the behavior of pure Theatrics: unpredictable. It's a problem, in my opinion, but not a fun.

There are a few things that effect surprise ending rates. That said, most of the fun of this game is in figuring out those little details yourself so without giving away too much, I will say that there are definitely things you can do to make "Surprise Ending" a more consistent part of your strategy. Running a good defensive strategy certainly helps. Stat distribution also is highly important...though perhaps not the stats you'd expect. Combat effects like "Entangle" that reduce enemy effectiveness also boost surprise ending chances. Your defensive prowess vs. opponent's attack power also factors.

Watch glads who use surprise ending effectively very closely and you should start to see some patterns. If you build it right, you can have a glad who throws surprise ending in every fight and even multiple times in a single fight. I've even seen some Theatrics surprise ending every single attack of their opponent during an entire match...granted their opponents didn't attack much...
    Last edited by Adoede; 12-01-2015 at 07:05 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin