Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skill Tree Question

Hello! Again!

I have wondered now and for few days about the skill tree. Is having too many of the skills making your gladiator less likely to active in fights or worth getting? I have mostly, nearly every skill to 3-5 and most wanted ones heading up from 5+. I am thinking of experimenting on one of my new gladiator (5th one) to use skills that I want most and try to somewhat max out, and leave out skills that won't really be needed. But before I even think of that, I wanted to know if having too many skills will effect the gladiators fights.

I've notice in some fights (weather this is effecting from skills) that I get hit way too much and I can barely or not even get a hit in. Witch results me in losing and, when I fight another glad with same weapons & armor, I know that I'm going to lose for some reason.

Is having little skills from skill tree good? Or is it bad and missing out a lot? I've always thought on some skills I have are not that great for what I'm doing, but I still pick them out in case.

If I'm not making sense (habit of doing that..) I can try to re-say what I'm trying to explain.

Thanks!

Regards
    Gimlisk
    Stable: Dwarfaxhaxors
    50 Gladiators: Gimlisk (War), Gimlask (Theatrics), Beerwar (War)
    Retired Gladiators: Gimlisk (1st!) (War)

May My Axe & Maces Flatten Your Face And Your Body Crumble.

Hi.

Depends. Offensive skills will activate only with offensive strategies. Meaning Death from above will never activate if you run "tank" strategy. Defensive will activate with defensive strategies.
    Next, more activated skills you want to use, less you will actually use. Like, if you have 4 activated skills, you wont trigger them all at once, or in the same round. You will use 1 skill, perhaps 2 per round.
    Some skills have some kind of cooldown. Like Death from above. It can be used every third round. I think. Or every other? Nevermind, the point is that it cannot activate each round.

And btw, if you are losing more and more fights, it's probably not because of how many skills you have, but what strategy you use. Also do realize that the higher you climb in ranks, tougher it will get.

Hope I cleared at least something for you.
    Holosts Stable.
    And best gladiator so far;
    Bayorn (dunder theatrics)
    Kicking ass in Blood Gods 2 levels behind and undergeared.

Noticeable Retired Glads;
    Kuljem (human theatrics)

I think, there is no skills which may interfere to Your success.
    Except offensive activated skills.
    Some skills of this kind uses one attack as a "payment".
    In other words: Your gladiator makes 1 attack per round (for example). If this skill triggered, Your gladiator will use skill and lose their attack.

So, skills like Barreling Attack (it may do nothing at low level, and not only), Signature Moves (it brings an opponent to some special conditions, but do no damage) each may be a pain for You even if these skills are trained at 1.
    And especially if Your gladiator uses a heavy weapon or has a low Activity settings.
    Last edited by weaw; 01-12-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuljem View Post
    Offensive skills will activate only with offensive strategies. Meaning Death from above will never activate if you run "tank" strategy. Defensive will activate with defensive strategies.
    That's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlisk View Post
    I have wondered now and for few days about the skill tree. Is having too many of the skills making your gladiator less likely to active in fights or worth getting? I have mostly, nearly every skill to 3-5 and most wanted ones heading up from 5+. I am thinking of experimenting on one of my new gladiator (5th one) to use skills that I want most and try to somewhat max out, and leave out skills that won't really be needed. But before I even think of that, I wanted to know if having too many skills will effect the gladiators fights.
    You only get 100 total skill points to use. And each skill increases in effectiveness exponentially at every level. So a lvl 10 skill is much more effective than a lvl 9 skill. For example, let's say at lvl 9 Adrenaline Rush skill your glad resists damage at 28%. At lvl 10, they would resist damage at 52%. That's a huge difference...nearly double the effectiveness. That's why all the veterans generally choose 10 skills and max them all to 10.

It's a very good idea to map out what 10 or 11 skills you want your glad to focus on and only train in those skills.

As for why you've been losing without getting a chance to attack back - probably because the build you're fighting against is well-suited to beat your glad and has much higher agility/presence than your glad. Most likely, you're fighting a speed build that can knock you down or stun you in the first half-dozen attacks. By the time your glad recovers, they've already lost the match. Part of the problem is that your glad is still young and developing, so doesn't have the gear/skill/hp to effectively ward off the opponent. Not much to do about that but just keep developing them. At the highest levels of the game, nearly every style can be tweaked to defeat nearly every other style and it is all about moves and counter-moves (though some builds are much easier to run effectively than others.)

Some common build types:
    Speed Theatrics
    Skill Theatrics
    Power Hybrid Theatrics
    Defensive Wars
    Balanced Wars
    Offensive Hybrid Wars
    Power Rage
    Speed Rage
    Hit'n'run Rage

* - Tip: Challenge the build types you have a decent chance to win against while you're still young and developing. That'll help your win/loss ratios even out.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by weaw View Post
    That's not true.
    Well I don't know about you, but i have defensive war in my stable and he has tank strategies and i NEVER EVER saw that he used Death from Above while "tank"-ing.
    If you can show me any battle report where your gladiator uses offensive skill while "tank"ing, I'mma buy you 28k trophies pack.
    Holosts Stable.

Kuljem (human theatrics)

If you can show me any battle report where your gladiator uses offensive skill while "tank"ing...

Ok.

>SETANTHA leaps toward FAE'LANE, brutally slashing with his PRIMEVAL RAPIER OF THE BLOOD GODS.
    >SETANTHA paints a picture in the air with his weapon but suddenly the motion changes into something much deadlier! (-Feint-)
    >SETANTHA goes for FAE'LANE's sternum and connects with his PRIMEVAL RAPIER OF THE BLOOD GODS inflicting prodigious damage! (+71 Damage)

http://puu.sh/eqAld/5f7431968b.jpg

I'm sorry: My "That's not true", perhaps, sounds too roughly...
    In fact, we have no pure defensive style in the PoW. We have no pure offensive...
    An offensive skill may works while a gladiator tanking, a defensive skill may works while his owner berserking. It's all what i meant.
    Last edited by weaw; 01-12-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks all.

But this is not just about my tank gladiator. It's also applying to all my other gladiators in general. Also, a part from the Offensive and Defensive skills, what about the passive ones? I read the "description"? and I'm not totally sure how they trigger in battle. Do they do the same as the Offensive and Defensive skills or completely different?

Also, as for not able to attack first, I do/have try to use "Opponent Attacks More" but doesn't seem to work that well/much? I've switch the activity level and blood lust around but still can't seem to make my gladiator have the upper hand while using it. I'm still learning the ropes of the Fight Strategy.

Yes, 2 of my gladiators are at a higher bracket and it's becoming a little difficult, trying to figure out what strategy is working and whats not. Gimlisk was doing well before heading into a new bracket, but is sort of falling back to the losing streak. Same with Gimlask, but does a little better than Gimlisk.

Thanks

Regards
    Gimlisk
    Stable: Dwarfaxhaxors
    50 Gladiators: Gimlisk (War), Gimlask (Theatrics), Beerwar (War)
    Retired Gladiators: Gimlisk (1st!) (War)

May My Axe & Maces Flatten Your Face And Your Body Crumble.

Interesting.
    So, while tanking you make at least 1 attack per round?
    Dayum, you got to tell me that hack.
    Holosts Stable.

Kuljem (human theatrics)

So, while tanking you make at least 1 attack per round?
    Yes. Using rapiers and Tank 10/5.
    You may try it too.
    Just wield a dagger from the Armory, set strategy to Tank 10/* and go to search Your Death from Above... In the Gauntlet.