Hello! Again!

I have wondered now and for few days about the skill tree. Is having too many of the skills making your gladiator less likely to active in fights or worth getting? I have mostly, nearly every skill to 3-5 and most wanted ones heading up from 5+. I am thinking of experimenting on one of my new gladiator (5th one) to use skills that I want most and try to somewhat max out, and leave out skills that won't really be needed. But before I even think of that, I wanted to know if having too many skills will effect the gladiators fights.

I've notice in some fights (weather this is effecting from skills) that I get hit way too much and I can barely or not even get a hit in. Witch results me in losing and, when I fight another glad with same weapons & armor, I know that I'm going to lose for some reason.

Is having little skills from skill tree good? Or is it bad and missing out a lot? I've always thought on some skills I have are not that great for what I'm doing, but I still pick them out in case.

If I'm not making sense (habit of doing that..) I can try to re-say what I'm trying to explain.

Thanks!

Regards
Gimlisk